Last minute gear ?

CTELK83

Heading to Montana and Idaho in a month for Pronghorn and Mule deer
First time for both!
I have only hunted elk with a rifle 2x, neither time did I use these… but curious what people thing

For mountain mule deer or the pronghorn in flats

Do you use bi pods on your rifle? If so what one(s)? Always just used shooting sticks or my pack, but thinking about adding one to my rifle

Also curious about a rifle cover? Do you use one when rifle is tied to your pack and hiking around??

I wouldn’t even consider a bipod that doesn’t come right off. I have used a hatch (pic rail) and a Spartan (magnets) and wouldn’t hesitate with either. If you’re already good at shooting with your pack you can save your money.

I have one of the solo hunter covers that stays in my pack. I don’t normally have it on but it’s nice if the weather turns. I do like the neoprene scope covers.

I wouldn’t even consider a bipod that doesn’t come right off. I have used a hatch (pic rail) and a Spartan (magnets) and wouldn’t hesitate with either. If you’re already good at shooting with your pack you can save your money.

I have one of the solo hunter covers that stays in my pack. I don’t normally have it on but it’s nice if the weather turns. I do like the neoprene scope covers.
I have the neoprene scope cover. I think I shoot “well” from my pack. Hmm

I wouldn’t worry about a bipod if you don’t already have one. And definitely not one that wouldn’t quick detach.

A scope cover is nice if the weather turns or you’re doing some bush whacking. Neoprene ones do a great job. There are some others out there that are slightly different styles but they are all accomplish the same goal

Honestly unless ur dealing with weather or thick brush ur probably ok without a cover. They are helpful though!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kgentry
Back