Yeti GOBOX Collection

Last goose hunt of the season

Rat Fink

Spent the weekend with a couple buddies from the site and some unaffiliated guys hunting geese and ducks. Saturday we split into 2 groups of 3 hunters each in different fields. Each group down 12 geese and 6 mallards. Day 2 only had 3 of us left hunting and the action was much slower with just 5 geese and a mallard in the bag. Had a great time though and really enjoyed the company of buddies from all reaches of Montana and Michigan.

I'll let the newest member of the crew post up some pics if he so chooses.

Awesome trip. My first field hunt and it was awesome. Maybe next time I can do better than my single shot Benelli. Thanks for the invitation.

It was a great hunt, thanks Ratfink for putting it all together. And it was good seeing you again, mtmiller, too.

Still no pics? I didn't think mtmiller went anywhere without his camera.

congrats on the hunt, would like to see a few pics of it though.

Nemont

Sorry, no bird pile pics. It was too dark both days when we left the fields.

Yeah there weren't any dead bird pics, but I know there were some cool action photos taken which are way more fun anyways.

Awesome trip. My first field hunt and it was awesome. Maybe next time I can do better than my single shot Benelli. Thanks for the invitation.

Pictures Smictures! I want to learn more about this single shot Benelli!!:)

Grab your Super 90, abuse it for 8 years in a water, mud, dirt and feathers. Put one shell in the barrel and two in the tube and watch it not cycle a second shot.:mad:

I plan to pull the spring tonight and see what is growing in there.:W:

No yellow dog bringing back a bird and he didn't listen to the whistle, but the retrieve was straight back.

20_zps65fcb99c.jpg

One-shot me sitting up in the blind.

18_zpsa84a6c2c.jpg

The guide getting ready for the next flight.

22_zps1d7163b4.jpg

Not the worst scenery to watch while waiting for fowl.

6_zpsf090cf4b.jpg

16_zps3c85918b.jpg

Sorry about the lack of bird shots. Plenty went down, I was just not on the ball.

Good times with good people.

Nice photos, I recognize that scenery well. Going after the greenheads again Thursday, the clock is ticking down.

Those are some great photos! Reminds me of some of my goose hunts ............. only we don't very often get plenty of birds .............. or that Montana scenery ............. or great photos ............... but sitting in layout blinds with decoys, that part is familiar.:eek: Maybe it's just "the-grass-is-always-greener" syndrome, but you Montana guys are truly blessed.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back