Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Last Frontier

Nice. Been there a couple of times when we escaped Illinois. Spent a Christmas in the area several years ago. Chatanika Lodge still going? Bob invited us to the "locals only" Christmas party that year. Feel free to post up some of your adventures!

Yes the lodge is still their it’s been 20 years Since I have been that far up toward circle.
Great moose hunting in that area !

Nice. Been there a couple of times when we escaped Illinois. Spent a Christmas in the area several years ago. Chatanika Lodge still going? Bob invited us to the "locals only" Christmas party that year. Feel free to post up some of your adventures!
I retired from military and went straight to work from OIF 2 in Iraq had 2 weeks off and was put to work on the Alaska pipeline security for 12 years before retiring again. I have done very little hunting mainly just alittle moose hunting next to the house here.
I have a nice lake in front of house that the state stocks with trout. Now I am older my moose hunts are simple and cheap. Canoeing down the Chena River here in NP most often. This last summer spent rebuilding and painting this old 1981 EZ loader Boat trailer for my 19’ Grumman to use. The canoe is easier to get in the river now.

Attachments

• 5004F6D6-A9D4-4E75-BBD9-B40514B10710.jpeg
    5004F6D6-A9D4-4E75-BBD9-B40514B10710.jpeg
    19.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I retired from military and went straight to work from OIF 2 in Iraq had 2 weeks off and was put to work on the Alaska pipeline security for 12 years before retiring again. I have done very little hunting mainly just alittle moose hunting next to the house here.
I have a nice lake in front of house that the state stocks with trout. Now I am older my moose hunts are simple and cheap. Canoeing down the Chena River here in NP most often.
Welcome from Nevada the Battle Born State! We recently did a 17 mile float trip down the Chena, great times!

Welcome from Idaho -

It's been too long since I was in the that part of Alaska. Great country and the best Aurora viewing in the world!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back