Sorry - New to thread - SECOND post :D

ThunderNocked

Well hello... I'm doing this a bit backwards... was in such a rush I posted elsewhere first.

My name is Tyrel - I'm a Husband of 13 years, father to 5 kids (11, 10, 9, 7, 5 this year), hunter as much and often as I can and I live in North Pole Alaska just outside Fairbanks in the interior. Yes in the summer we get 3 hours of darkness and in the winter we get 3 hours of daylight and you can see Santa Clause all year round. Also at -40*F your contacts will freeze to your eyes and if you pickup cold metal with bare hands at -17 or below you can get 'first degree frostbite' in about 4-5 minutes.
Also when its -17 bloody organ cavity is a nice place to warm your cold hands.

I was raised in Eastern Oregon in the High Desert of the Oregon Outback to a family who for many years traded odd jobs and hunted Muley's to eat. I am a meat hunter first though I have definitely come to desire a few Alaska Trophies for my walls. I moved to Alaska where my wife is from in 2011, moved to the interior in 2016 and that is when I really started hunting Big Game. In SE Alaska (Juneau) didn't get alot of opportunity to big game hunt because the mainland has to many hunters for the number of and the small amount of deer and land; you need a boat to get to the good spots, so I waterfowl hunted and fell in love with that chase. Since moving to Fairbanks I've bagged 3 big game animals in 4 years with much blessing and luck.... also a lot of failed attempts.

I discovered HuntTalk because I've been watching more hunting TV on Amazon Prime/MyOutdoorTV and have been watching Bowlife and Fresh Tracks. Discovered The Hunt Talk Podcast and started with episode one and came and signed up for the forum a couple days later.
That about sums it up.
This year I have a Caribou hunt (next week), a Moose hunt and was lucky enough to be drawn for an October Archery Dall's Sheep Tag for north of Anchorage, AK.

I'm still a very inexperienced hunter who wants to make this my passion, hobby and pass time and I'm all in on getting better and doing more. I look forward to lurking and conversing with many of you who have so much more knowledge and expertise then I'll probably ever get. Thanks for all your future help. Thanks again!

Welcome aboard! Again! Good luck and maybe some day I'll get back up that far and I can shake your hand. Willow isn't THAT far! :rolleyes:

Back