NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Largemouth advice

Calif. Hunter

I wa up at a Scout camp last weekend, evaluating their rifle range. They have a small private lake there, pretty much infest with a lot fo growth - and tules all around most of the shore line. The bottom is shallow and slopes off slowly, probably to a max of about 5-6 feet deep. No fishing pressure to speak of.

There are largemouths in there, and I saw one that was about 15-18 inches long - what would you suggest I use?

Nightcrawler, top water or ?

Texas rig a plastic...a worm, lizard, etc. Work it through the weeds. Beings how the fish dont get any pressure...I'd go with a 6-8 inch bait. If they're biting short and you arent hooking them, switch to a 4 inch. I'd try a watermelon seed color, motor oil, dark purple or black.

With no pressure you should hammer them.

Try skimming a frog or a rat over the top of the tuleys, and wait for the crashing topwater action to begin!

KP

You really want to see some pictures of those dinks?

I did take some, just to rub it in to my 7-year old. He had to go to a cousin's birthday party and couldn't go fishing with me. He is dying to catch a largemouth bass! He drools over every mounted specimen he sees...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back