Large coyote

Eastern dogs are much bigger than western dogs. This one is unusually big. But they are often called coywolfs due to interbreeding that occurred

Big coyotes don't get big by accident. They are opportunists and survivalists. They generally know hunter techniques and tricks to try to call them in. It's just like calling in the wapiti granddads. If they have been exposed to hunting they are hard to call in. You almost would have to position yourself on a trail he is known to use. Like all dogs though, they have an enhanced ability to smell danger or to track other animals. If they can smell you or where you have been, you are not likely going to get them called in when they get that big.

On the other responses I seen posted, coyotes do get that big but it could be a hybrid. I hunted coyotes for years in Washington and Lincoln counties in Colorado and I have seen really big coyotes. The image though, I am not sure that is a coyote. The main difference between wolves and coyotes is in the face and size. Coyotes have a small snout compared to wolves, tall pointed ears, and generally around 4 foot long at the biggest. The image looks like a gray wolf to me. Wolves are bigger and have rounded ears compared to coyotes and might be up to 6 feet long.

Damn, you should should shoot him and get him mounted as shown in the pic!

The little f'ers here in Vegas don't compare to that one.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back