Landowner Vouchers

AvidIndoorsman

My father-in-law gets a couple of landowner vouchers every year to hunt Mule deer in Colorado in units 52,521,411 for second season. He has been expressing interest to me to find out if this is a vauluable enough voucher that someone might trade for a private land high quality whitetail tail hunt. I know this tag usually takes us (residents) 0-1 years to draw not sure about non-residents.

I'm wondering what you typically pay/sell a voucher for and if anyone would even want to buy a voucher considering it's not a very difficult limited draw area.

Anyone who has any experience doing this, your advice would be greatly appreciated. Note not looking to sell a voucher just seeing if a 0-1 point resident draw unit is even worth the trouble for him.

Last edited:
In CO it is illegal for anyone to sell a voucher other than the landowner to whom it was issued by the state, or the landowner's agent.

It's to bad that so many tags go to landowners or the drawing odds for those units would be much better.
How does it feel to be part of the problem?
Hope you find a willing John.

Correct. I think as family I would be his agent in the event that he decided he wanted to sell one but in this case I'm not offering a sale I'm asking a question about whether it's even worth it to sell one... we have been giving them to friends or not using them.

Actually, this tag can be drawn with 0 points for residents... It's my back yard. I've seen 2nd season tags go as high as $1,200 and as low as, of course, free. 3rd season tags are worth a little more money.

My father-in-law gets a couple of landowner vouchers every year to hunt Mule deer in Colorado in units 52,521,411 for second season. He has been expressing interest to me to find someone who wants to either buy one or trade for a private land high quality whitetail tail hunt. I know this tag usually takes us (residents) 3 years to draw not sure about non-residents.

According to CPW a resident has a 36% chance of drawing this tag with zero points. I encourage your FIL to read and understand the rules and regs regarding LO vouchers, as a lot of landowners seem to not take the time to do this. Also, you would need to be his designated land manager in order to legally sell these for him.

http://cpw.state.co.us/thingstodo/Pages/LandownerPreference.aspx

Correct. I think as family I would be his agent in the event that he decided he wanted to sell one but in this case I'm not offering a sale I'm asking a question about whether it's even worth it to sell one... we have been giving them to friends or not using them.
Ah, my bad. I assumed you were getting them from the landowner and typically hunted them.

Just call Cabelas ----- they can surely assist you getting top dollar$
agents for OYOA ? i find that funny
Post and trade it for some with 12 points up in Wyoming?

Back