Lake Chelan,Wa

Brittany Chukarman

I took dad for a quick trip up to Lake Chelan to catch some lake trout. I've always wanted to see that country and it was really awesome. Lots of wildlife in that area. I couldn't have picked a better guide to go with for that fishery. He stayed busy the whole 4 hours adjusting downriggers and trolling lines. The fish were tight to the bottom mostly in singles feeding in pods of shrimp 200' deep. Much different than the micro light finesse fishing we're used to. Fun, relaxing fishing and it was great to just watch, learn and let someone else do all the work. Dad's first fish was a bright land locked native king salmon. The rest of the catch was lake trout. The day before he landed an 18 lb'er. Really good trip.

Attachments

• 1-IMG_2152.JPG
    1-IMG_2152.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 189
  • 2-IMG_2153.JPG
    2-IMG_2153.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 190
  • 3-IMG_2157.JPG
    3-IMG_2157.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 189
Congrats, that's a load of fish:) by the way who was the guide service you used?

Wow that's a mess of fish, and looks like fun.

Joe Heinlen, Lake Chelan Adventures. Heck of a hunter also. Has tracked down and killed 9 cougars on snowshoes. Has 8 acres of pear trees that the bears get into. On his cell phone he has pictures of an incredible whitetail and a heavy 207" muley a friend killed. Really interesting guy.

I don't know much about the lake trout either. I have a fishing client that comes from Green River, Wy and he's brought me cans of smoked laker's from Flaming Gorge that I really liked. These look really good and feeding on shrimp should be fine. I bought a new canner just for this catch but I'm going to grill some first. The king looks very good, as good as any I've caught from the ocean. The guide said it's comparable to spring run kings.

Those pics have me itching to take my boys out.I'm thinking of a charter on one of the great lakes this spring;cant decide walleye trip or trout.
Nice to spend the day with your Dad.I wish mine hunted or fished.I'm the only one in my family to do either,but he would take me as a kid.Congrats on the nice catch!!!

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back