Northwoods
Well-known member
I usually place my stands in locations where I am very hidden, such as a big spruce tree. Yesterday I was scouting the side of a nice ridge that I will rifle hunt during the rut. The ridge is all maples and pretty open. Great for visibility but I will also be very visible up in a tree. Anyone have any tips for this kind of setup? I can think of 3 options.
1. Sit high and hope I can get a shot before I’m spotted.
2. Sit on the ground at the base of a tree, I’ll be hidden but scent will be an issue.
3. Place my stand a bit off the ridge where I would be much more concealed, but way easier for a buck to cruise past me without me seeing him.
I’d appreciate any thoughts, tips, or advice.
1. Sit high and hope I can get a shot before I’m spotted.
2. Sit on the ground at the base of a tree, I’ll be hidden but scent will be an issue.
3. Place my stand a bit off the ridge where I would be much more concealed, but way easier for a buck to cruise past me without me seeing him.
I’d appreciate any thoughts, tips, or advice.
