Lack of ammo going to be a problem?

Our local state police department is a good resource for finding ammo. They are typically helpful in telling you the local shops that have a good supply at the present time. Most of those shops always have an abundance of reloading supplies as well.

This is why I keep a surplus of ammo for all of my rifles. Times like this. I almost exclusively reload for all of my firearms now. It has been YEARS since I bought factory ammo for anything.

There literally isnt 1 empty case in my house currently. I fill them back up right after I shoot them.

I stopped shooting my .22's two year ago. Its cheaper to shoot my 9mm with my reloads and powdercoated bullets. Literally.

Tried to buy some .45 auto for my 1911 at the Concord, NC Bass Pro Shops Monday and there wasn’t one single round in the whole store. I just wanted a few rounds for me and the wife to go do some shooting. Guess I’ll look elsewhere. Midway maybe or a local gun shop.

Local Cabela's had ammo on shelves as of earlier this week (I didn't look too closely at specifics, but noticed a few of the common calibers).

The fishing section, however, was picked to the bone.

Local Cabela's had ammo on shelves as of earlier this week (I didn't look too closely at specifics, but noticed a few of the common calibers).

The fishing section, however, was picked to the bone.
Yeah, fishing is a whole other topic. Very depressing

With the new lead free laws I waited a bit too long last year and almost couldn't get any lead free upland loads for dove season. Of all places I went to the local Big 5 the day before opening day at the mall and the manager was opening up a case of 20 gauge steel #6's.

Lesson learned, I make sure to be well ahead of the other guys who start shopping for shells a month before season. The local sportsman's warehouse had plenty of big game caliber stuff two weeks ago, but all the .223, .22lr, 9mm and upland steel shotgun was all wiped out.

The shops in my area are stocked up on everything except 380, 9mm, and 223. I reload everything so unless there becomes a powder shortage I should be in good shape. I just hope people don’t start hoarding all the black powder or flintlock season might be tough.
Powderinc.com
Just got 25# this week. Tool about 10 days

Well, my 45/70 uses 58g for a 547 g bullet
Hawkin 50 cal about 50
12# mountain howitzer 6.5 oz a shot
Assorted cap and ball shooters

I have not noticed a shortage up here in Alberta. Most of our stuff is from the U.S. so maybe I should look a bit closer. Good luck .

Just opened 3 boxes of Federal Premium that will get me through the season. Hopefully things settle down by next year and I’ll stock up then. 22F90407-5133-4A0B-BF16-760D51E56E92.jpeg

Last edited:
Trying out muzzleloader for first time this year, absolutely zero lead and powder anywhere close to Wichita. I did find a little gun shop about 45 mins that has kept up stock, the drive is worth it and they're good people.
I can't seem to find any 209 primers anywhere around me for my muzzleloader.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back