Caribou Gear Tarp

La Paz in early June?

Big marlin are coming back up from down south, Dorado should be plentiful as should yellowfin and blackfin tuna. If you fish in close to the shore line, you'll probably find a bunch of roosters and Cabrilla (spotted sand bass). Fish the kelp patties and scratch up a few yellowtail and maybe a wahoo or three. That should about cover it. What you catch depends entirely on what kind of baits you pull.

The amount of fish in the sea of cortez is mind blowing. I would actually be scared to swim in that water. Besides the stripe marlin we caught we saw more just free jumping. I grew up on the coast in new england and the 5 days spent fishing off baja was the best of my life. You and your boys will have a blast. I am Jealous and I am headed to africa this summer. Almost would rather be going fishing with you guys.

Cali,
I was there in May a few years ago and also this past November. I didn't care for town. Alot hotter than Cabo san Lucas or Totas Sontos. Danr certainly knows more about fishing that area than me.

But, If you and the kids swim, rent a car and go to Cabo Pulmo. It's a few hrs south. Neat drive through the mountains. Go snorkeling at the sea lion colony. It's right up against the shore and the sea life is unbelievable. You can also fish there out of Pangas.

We'll be staying on the boat and out to sea most of the time, and we'll be towing pangas. It is my first trip, but my buddy goes at least a couple times a year. He even leaves his tackle down there with friends. I don't have to bring a thing but our clothes and other personal items.

I don't know - Africa will be hard to beat! I loved it there. If the political situation was better, I'd consider moving there.

Nine of us rented Harleys out of Cabo last June & rode them to La Paz thru Todos Santos...rode back on the Sea Of Cortez side...it is beautiful...aquamarine w/white sandy beaches. While atopped in Todos Santos getting a pic snapped at the Hotel California, some locals drove by & stopped to look at our bikes...the Eagles 'Hotel California' was blaring on their car stereo....was a cerveza moment.:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back