Caribou Gear Tarp

Kuiu warranty experience - all positive

utahminer

Quick background: I have bought a Kuiu Icon pack in 2013 (a year before they came out with the Icon Pro and Ultra lines) and have been pretty happy with the performance. In that time I have packed out multiple animals a year and never had any probelms or worry about the frame. In December, while on an elk hunt with my brother in NM we were in a situation where we needed to move all the meat in one , so I loaded up a hindquater, a front quarter and neck meat in one load (based on a recent podcast between Randy and Corey Jacobson I estimate the load had to be roughly 150lbs). During a quick break I took off the pack and accidently broke one of the carbon fiber stays on the bottom of the pack (these have since been eliminated in the new models so it shouldn't be an issue in the future). The break effected the performance of the pack very little over the final couple hours of the pack out, but I was bummed that I didnt pay more attention.

Warranty Experience: Upon returning home I contacted Kuiu's warranty department to ask about my options. I hoped to maybe get the frame replaced and maybe a conversion kit for mounting my older style bags to their new style frame, but also braced myself to spend some money. When I heard back from the warranty department I was very impressed to learn that they are replacing my entire system (frame, suspension, belt and both bags) since they have improred the design since 2013 and my bags wont fit the new frame. I asked if I could upgrade one of the bags to a bigger size (originally I bought a small day back and loved it, but as my kids have started to go with me from time to time I have found it to be too small) and was willing to pay the difference. Long story short, Kuiu has replaced my whole system, upgraded my bag and paid for shipping both directions at no cost to me. I'm pretty impressed with their customer service. I have seen others post about negative experiences; which, caused me some worry, but they have treated me well and fell like its worth sharing.

Glad to hear it went well and hopefully the improvemt keeps up. Alas my experience was polar opposite, it was about three years ago ago though. Sorry to say they lost me as customer as I dumped everything Kuiu I owned and haven’t touched any since.

Good on them and enjoy your new pack.

A few years ago I bought one of their packs and it showed up at my door with a cracked fiberglass frame... i called, they sent a replacement, and many pack outs later it is still going strong. I had reason to be dubious but the pack has proven itself at this point.

That’s pretty good customer service!

Trial- What happened? I’ve had pretty good luck with Kuiu but have only had to warranty 1 item.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HuntND90
Back