Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Kuiu Summit Star 1P, Stone Glacier ULT or FL Nemo Spike

TrickyTross

Torn between these 3 tents and was curious if any of yall have used these? What have been your experiences? Pros and cons?

I have a great 2p Tent from Kelty that I use alot, but wanted to get a lighter set up and something that I could bivy style with. Probably leave the 2p at the truck or to set up a spike camp and then have one of these in my pack whilst getting after it. I looked at a floorless, a tarp, and actual bivys and settled on a 1p like these. I have looked at other companies tents, but I prefer to spend money with hunting companies, whenever I can.

Look forward to hearing yalls thoughts!

What style hunting are you talking like 50 degrees archery nights or mountains with the full effect of every element out there?

I have the full SG setup and for a 1p tent/ shelter they're pretty freaking sweet and roomy. 16oz I think for the full setup. Wouldn't be my go to in November in the tooths though.

I have a Summit Star 1P. It's ok. I only pack it if there's a 25% "chance" I may want to sleep on the mountain, but higher odds that
I will return back to base camp / truck.

If I know I'm gonna backpack and stay out there, I take the BA Copper Spur HV UL 1. My favorite as of late.

No experience with the stone glacier. A lot of guys go through the ultra light phase with those Summit Star / ULT style of
pup tents, myself included, but after 2 seasons I found myself willing to carry the 1 extra pound in the tent department
for a few reasons.

I’m currently in the same market and am considering the Sierra designs high side one pretty strongly

I have a Summit Star 1P. It's ok. I only pack it if there's a 25% "chance" I may want to sleep on the mountain, but higher odds that
I will return back to base camp / truck.

If I know I'm gonna backpack and stay out there, I take the BA Copper Spur HV UL 1. My favorite as of late.

No experience with the stone glacier. A lot of guys go through the ultra light phase with those Summit Star / ULT style of
pup tents, myself included, but after 2 seasons I found myself willing to carry the 1 extra pound in the tent department
for a few reasons.
The Copper Spur is a hell of a solid tent for being so light weight. Love mine. I am thinking of picking up the Stone Glacier to carry more for a glassing and emergency shelter.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back