Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

KUIU outside of the west?

You'll get laughed straight out of Waffle House for wearing $200 pants.

True story. No one I know down here would think about paying those prices when any old clothing in mossy oak or realtree would do just fine. It’s just not cold enough to need technical gear. When it gets below freezing down here all the pipeline snipers just buy more propane for their buddy heaters. I know piles of Louisiana hunters and besides my brother, a few friends and I, no one has any high quality clothing. None of us do Kuiu either. They will waste a paycheck on a yeti cooler but would look at you like you had 3 eyeballs if you showed up in kuiu, if they even knew what it was.

I saw it in person for the first time a couple weeks ago, but the guy goes on some big western trips. I've been keeping an eye on ebay for first lite and Sitka for base layers and a good jacket. I know you have to pay for quality, but looking at those numbers hurts.

True story. No one I know down here would think about paying those prices when any old clothing in mossy oak or realtree would do just fine. It’s just not cold enough to need technical gear. When it gets below freezing down here all the pipeline snipers just buy more propane for their buddy heaters. I know piles of Louisiana hunters and besides my brother, a few friends and I, no one has any high quality clothing. None of us do Kuiu either. They will waste a paycheck on a yeti cooler but would look at you like you had 3 eyeballs if you showed up in kuiu, if they even knew what it was.
I’ve lived in the south for 28 years and “pipeline sniper” is the best one I’ve heard yet lol

Heck, it seems colder here than it does out West to me.

That sounds amazing. It's about 1,000 degrees here right now. Lol
Hey, I moved outside of Louisiana for a reason. All joking aside, I can sorta see where you're coming from. Humid and cold is worse than dry and cold. Stick around all winter and you might change your mind though.

Hey, I moved outside of Louisiana for a reason. All joking aside, I can sorta see where you're coming from. Humid and cold is worse than dry and cold. Stick around all winter and you might change your mind though.

No doubt. I work with a guy from Alaska and he always talks about how cold it is down here. It always seemed so strange to me.

I'll be driving through your neck of the woods in October.

PA guy here, dont see it much but I like my Kuiu verde 2.0 Rubicon for early archery and spring turkey. Wear it other times too, fits well. I have a FL Woodbury that is the cats ass for the colder archery hunts all the way through late flintlock, just stay out of the thick briars. Also have a FL sawtooth that is super versatile from october through may.

I hunt MD and WV and I’ve never seen it out this way. Mossy Oak and Realtree are about it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back