KUIU outside of the west?

RyanSoNorCal

I’m a huge fan of KUIU. I live about 45 mins from their headquarters in Dixon,CA. The gear is elite and I love how they’re not in any of the big box chains. They’re huge out in the west but was curious if there is much of a following in the South & East.?

Nobody I know back home in VA or NC uses Kuiu, Sitka, First Light, etc. Most hunting is done in a stand where Carhartt gets the job done. There just isnt a huge need for super technical clothing.

Nobody I know back home in VA or NC uses Kuiu, Sitka, First Light, etc. Most hunting is done in a stand where Carhartt gets the job done. There just isnt a huge need for super technical clothing.
Makes sense. Thanks

9.95 out of ten hunters out here would look at you like you got 3 heads if you asked what they though about kuiu gear. No following out here. That being said, I Just tried some kuiu stuff this year and really like the fit.... did just fine on some run and gun eastern North Carolina turkey expeditions!

Only folks back east I know that run Kuiu/FL/etc all come out west to hunt as well. No one I know that hunts 100% in the east even know a lot it. Sitka is pretty popular with some of the Waterfowl folks though

I have never seen a whitetail hunter in PA or NY wearing Kuiu unless they also use it out west. The only big name technical clothes I see commonly is Sitka gear with both the deer and waterfowl hunters

I have found some pieces of the more technical hunting gear is rather useful here at home (Tennessee). I love my Kuiu attack pants and use them for everything in cool weather. I also like the zip off merino bottoms for cool weather high activity hunts. I also have a Kuiu Icon pro 3200 that I use but to be honest it doesn’t do anything an osprey or the like wouldn’t, except pack meat but we just don’t do that much of that back here. I do have some first lite gear and love it also, especially early season. I actually favor their merino over Kuiu’s as far as comfort goes. Most hunters I know around here would never spend that kind of money on high end clothing like that, it’s all Walmart and bass pro mossy oak and realtree. I personally just wear whatever piece of gear fits my situation regardless if it is camo or not. I do a lot of my hunting in earth tones.

Midwest most hunters are paying for a lease, weapon upgrade. Don't know anyone here who shells out extra for hunting clothes. Hadn't heard of any of these brands until I started watching western hunting video content

PA hunter here. One of our stores (Eurooptic- AWESOME store) carries sitka. I never even heard of Kuiu until I bought a rifle with Vias camo. Planning an elk hunt this year and looking hard at Kuiu stuff for the next trip. As stated before though, I typically wouldn't have a need for real technical clothing most of the time.

KUIU not as much but Sitka is making inroads in the south and Midwest with their whitetail lineup. A few local guys who hunt the west wear it here during season as well but not many.

Sitka is getting more traction with the more well-heeled duck hunters here in Arkansas.

There's a company based in Arkansas that makes more technical type stuff. They are called Plythal. Seems to be well made but I don't think many people use it. You can often find it significantly discounted.

Never seen anyone around here with kuiu.

Just don't tell them how much you paid for it. You'll get laughed straight out of Waffle House for wearing $200 pants.

Sitka is getting more traction with the more well-heeled duck hunters here in Arkansas.

There's a company based in Arkansas that makes more technical type stuff. They are called Plythal. Seems to be well made but I don't think many people use it. You can often find it significantly discounted.

Never seen anyone around here with kuiu.

I’m seeing more and more Sitka used by duck hunters around here as well. I’m in the market for a new set of cold weather bibs/parka this year and have given the First Lite Sanctuary set a good look. Seems perfect for long, cold sits in a tree.

Sitka seems to be the most popular for whitetail hunters around here that pay attention. They have a retail presence here. I have a KUIU jacket for around town that I like. Couple of my buddies use some of their stuff on stand. I'm partial to First Lite for out west and I use their clothes for my top layer on stand from Oct through January.

In New England most hunters know about Sitka gear. The ones who use it love it. Kuiu is not as popular but there are still some who use it. Early season is tough to beat my Attack pants and an older style 90% jacket. Mid to late season you will find me in Sitka Stratus pants and jacket

People wear Kuiu to their weddings here, and make out with sheep while wearing it.

Last edited:
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back