Kodiak mountain goat

ashersdad

Not a do it yourself hunt but I got back from Kodiak and thought I would share a few pictures of my hunt. This was my 4th hunt with Jake Jefferson and he has become a great friend. As usual the weather is always an issue and we were delayed getting flown out. So we checked out the fishing situation around town. We found some nice fresh ones. Haha

To make a long story short we finally got flown in.

Being as how we couldn't hunt on the fly day, we watched bears fishing in this creek most of the day. At one point I could see 14 bears with my binoculars.

Looked over a bunch of goats on the hunt.

Finally found one that I liked and we were able to work into position just over 200 yards above him and his lady friends. The fog kept rolling in but finally after about 15 minutes there was a clear spot and one shot and he disappeared off the knob he was on. We hiked down and luckily he'd only fallen about 30 feet.

I was very happy with him. They are amazing animals. The pack back to camp was tough but that's all part of the experience.

Kodiak is a special place. I hope to go back again sometime. Goat is on the menu tonight. We'll see what the kids think. 👍🤔

Very cool terrain, thanks for the photos.

I really want to do that hunt.Could you pm me the imfo on your guide??

Nicely done on a great billy! I'm headed to Kodiak in two weeks to try and reduce the bear population on the island by one! I'll write a report upon my return.

I really want to do that hunt.Could you pm me the imfo on your guide??
IIRC way back in the day, Jake occasionally posted on Hunttalk. I think his sig line was "Does this 416 make my butt look big?".

We need T-bone to post the video of his sheep hunt with him...

Great hunt thanks for sharing. I am planning on doing a goat, blacktail combo bowhunt in the near future. Just need to square away drawing a tag .

Wow my user name and password I actually remember! Been a few years since I been in here.
Congrats to asherdad, he was a great client as always and that just makes my job easier and enjoyable!

Ya where is t-bones Sheep footage??!!

On a side note...moderators let me know if my web sight can’t be in my signature line?

Wow my user name and password I actually remember! Been a few years since I been in here.
Congrats to asherdad, he was a great client as always and that just makes my job easier and enjoyable!

Ya where is t-bones Sheep footage??!!

On a side note...moderators let me know if my web sight can’t be in my signature line?
I knew it! Welcome back!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back