Kimber Ascent

To the extent the donation exceeded FMV of the rifle so about a $500 deductible donation.
Well drat...

One auction tags like the Governor's tag, are they deductible over the amount of 'regular' tag? A tag in the draw is $1K and they buy it for $100K, does that equal a $99K deductible?

Well drat...

One auction tags like the Governor's tag, are they deductible over the amount of 'regular' tag? A tag in the draw is $1K and they buy it for $100K, does that equal a $99K deductible?

Not sure how they establish a FMV as they are unique tags. To me, the established FMV would be the historical auction price for a given tag since that is the only market for it. But, there may be rules in place that I'm not aware of.

If there was a very large deductible amount you get into a situation where there are various limitations put in place on charitable contributions and if those don't get you the phase out rules of itemized deductions will likely get you.

Just another tax break for the rich, not ;)

Thanks, 'twas just curious as there's no way I'll ever had the cheddar for one.

Though after getting my taxes finalized this week, I could use a deduction or 40...

That is a great deal. I am too old to require that nice of a rifle. Great job of thinking out of the box!

Ended up with a .280 ai. Brought it from a dealer on Gunsamerica. Much better deal than the local Cabelas. Thank you all for your input! Good huntin'

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back