Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Kimber 84m classic vs Savage 110 long range hunter

I had a Kimber Hunter in 6.5 that was hard to chamber and wouldn’t group. Kimber treated me very well and got my gun back to me in 2wks with a polished chamber and test targets showing sub MOA with 2 loads. I got MOA with the next range session. No one wants to have dealings w/ customer service, but the overall experience was very pleasant and exceeded my expectations.

I had a roundabout with Kimber on a high end 1911 .45 that was resolved to my satisfaction. A Montana 7-08 went in a trade for something I wanted more but it shot and cycled fine. The Classic 300 Win Mag in the safe is among my favorites.

I had a roundabout with Kimber on a high end 1911 .45 that was resolved to my satisfaction. A Montana 7-08 went in a trade for something I wanted more but it shot and cycled fine. The Classic 300 Win Mag in the safe is among my favorites.
I've got two Kimber 1911's, one in 45 and one in 9mm. Both have performed flawlessly. The 45 is my everyday carry. Knock on wood I guess, never an issue with any of them.

Sometimes a man has to ask himself whether he has class or just likes tools. Merits to both. Just saying.

Kimber hit it out of the park with the k6s. My favorite ccw.

Attachments

• k6sdasa3in_catprofileleft.png
    k6sdasa3in_catprofileleft.png
    190.3 KB · Views: 3
Kimber all day everyday, twice on Sunday. I have a few of them now and they're all awesome! Flawless.

I own 2 savages and 1 kimber. All are great and all are very accurate. I think kimbers are a bit harder to shoot accurately because they are so light. Once you learn how to shoot them they perform. I own many hunting rifles but my kimber is my favorite.

Looking for my next whitetail rifle. If you had your option, would you go Kimber 84m Classic or the Savage 110 Long Range Hunter. My LGS has both.
A Kimber is a rifle. A Savage is an amalgam of parts cobbled together in order to deliver a bullet accurately with a minimum of time and expense.

Personally, I would entertain neither, but each has its purpose.

A Kimber is a rifle. A Savage is an amalgam of parts cobbled together in order to deliver a bullet accurately with a minimum of time and expense.

Personally, I would entertain neither, but each has its purpose.
Don't hold back!
Tell us how you really feel!
:ROFLMAO:

I've shot a Kimber 84M in 338 Federal.
Not the caliber i'd choose, but the rifle was ok.
Nicer in appearance than a Savage.
Not any more accurate.

Really, no need for the "long range hunter" moniker on a Savage.
They just plain shoot.

Still wondering why people are bringing up Kimber pistols, in a rifle thread?
Kinda like..
I can't decide on which apple.
I have a banana....

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back