Kids Bow

Deckerp

Looking to pick up a compound for my 7 year old to see if he'll get into archery. Let me know if you kids have outgrown something - ideally it's good enough that the results will get him hooked, but not so expensive that I'm over committing in case he doesn't get into it.

2008 Martin Leopard bow. My Daughters shot it . My oldest was 10 when shot it.

The Leopard includes several features that are expressly designed
to fit the small-to-midsize archer. First, the riser’s frame is engineered to achieve maximum rigidity from the lightest amount
of material possible. Strong enough to withstand extra-heavy draw weights, it is amazingly light. Next, to obtain top performance in the draw length range of 21”-26”, we designed the Mini M-Pro Cam. A smaller version of our M-Pro Cam, this single-cam system is specifically designed for the Leopard, offering the smooth draw and speed not usually found with a simple ‘scaled-down’ cam system. With an overall length a compact 30”, the Leopard is well balanced and with a slim grip profile to enhance accuracy. This bow is not just made to fit, its made to perform.
Technical Specifications
Speed: 280 FPS (26”, 60#, 300 gr.)
Let-Off: 80% (optional 65%)
Draw Weights: 40#, 50#, 60# ( I turned this one down to 25# with 40# limbs)
Draw Lengths: 21”-26”
Brace Height: 6.5”
Weight: 3.7 lbs.
Axle Length: 30”
• New faster Mini M-Pro Cam with optional draw stop
• New target color Midnight Blue option

Stock photo...
1694195101876.png

I started both my kids with mathews genesis bows. Its been a few years so maybe there is something better. I liked the bow because it didn't have a backwall so there wasn't an issue with them growing out of it or requiring string/cam modifications. Put a wisker bisquit rest and had them shoot with a release. Worked well.

2008 Martin Leopard bow. My Daughters shot it . My oldest was 10 when shot it.

The Leopard includes several features that are expressly designed
to fit the small-to-midsize archer. First, the riser’s frame is engineered to achieve maximum rigidity from the lightest amount
of material possible. Strong enough to withstand extra-heavy draw weights, it is amazingly light. Next, to obtain top performance in the draw length range of 21”-26”, we designed the Mini M-Pro Cam. A smaller version of our M-Pro Cam, this single-cam system is specifically designed for the Leopard, offering the smooth draw and speed not usually found with a simple ‘scaled-down’ cam system. With an overall length a compact 30”, the Leopard is well balanced and with a slim grip profile to enhance accuracy. This bow is not just made to fit, its made to perform.
Technical Specifications
Speed: 280 FPS (26”, 60#, 300 gr.)
Let-Off: 80% (optional 65%)
Draw Weights: 40#, 50#, 60# ( I turned this one down to 25# with 40# limbs)
Draw Lengths: 21”-26”
Brace Height: 6.5”
Weight: 3.7 lbs.
Axle Length: 30”
• New faster Mini M-Pro Cam with optional draw stop
• New target color Midnight Blue option

Stock photo...
View attachment 291408
I'll have to try and get his draw length but my feeling is that he might not be large enough yet for this - he is small for a 7yr old - about 48" tall right now.

Back