Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

key deer

tnctcb

these deer are the smallest of all deer in the whitetail species even smaller than the couses deer and i have heard they are the smallest deer in north america.for those not farmiliar they are an endangered deer found only on big pine key florida with an occasional stragler onto the adjoining keys.this morning i was driving into key west and was wondering if the bucks were in velvet yet. while they are endangered they are quite common to see on this island and they have a strong herd for the small area they live in.i saw a couple of does and a spike so i decided to stop and watch them when another buck stepped out and i saw an 8 point(eastern count)in full velvet.talking with gundog and other people in this area it sounds pretty uncommon for one to get a rack this big.the deer looked as if it were going to tip over from the antlers.i sure wish i had a camera with me as i may never see a key deer this big again.great way to start a day i guess hump

That's awesome Tim, a pic would have been really great, bummer. Oh well mayeb you'll get lucky and see it again.
Quick Draw

You're right, can't think of a better way to start the day than seeing unique wildlife.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back