Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Kenetreks Hardscrabble vs Mountain Extreme

Clawsar

Sorry if this is redundant but I'm a bit unclear. I'm going to go try out some Kenetreks tomorrow in town but I don't know which styles they have, and I don't know which i want to find. What are the main differences between the Hardscrabble and the Mountain Extreme? I hike much during the summer, hunt a lot of miles during MT archery, and then day hunts during rifle season. I have been using the Arc'teryx low top shoes this summer and on a recent weeklong backpacking trip in the Bob but I'm worried about using them for packing any meat out with no ankle support.

I used to use Oboz but wore through a pair in one rough weekend last year. Switched to the Danner Pronghorn for the rest of archery and rifle season, but they aren't a perfect fit and I feel less stable I them than even the Arc'teryx.

Thanks for any help! I know if I get anything new I need it now for break in.

I have most everything they make. I use my Hardscrabbles in August and some in early September. After that, it is the non-insulated Mountain Extremes until the end of season. Given they are not much difference in weight, if I had to go with only one pair, it would be the non-insulated Mountain Extremes.

Thanks Randy,
I've been taking your word as gospel lately so I'll make sure to find the Extremes. What's the main difference?

Thanks again.

Bought them, waxed them up two days in a row, wore them walking the dog for a week, and gave them their first test last night. I hiked a mile or do, 600ft up, off trail through blowdown, with a 70lb pack on. And since I forgot my trekking poles it was all leg work. The boots did great; fit well, didn't get too hot, and saved me at least twice with the great ankle support. I'll keep wearing them for 19 days then it's opener.

Thanks again!

Back