• Poll closed .

Carl 9.3x62

Which of these two boots would you get? Your hunting conditions are:

-Live and hunt in WY
-Strictly rifle hunter
-Hunt mostly antelope and elk, but some deer
-Elk hunting is mostly late season Nov-Dec cow elk and require longish hikes
-Have a pair of Kenetrek gaitors and like to wear them
-Will be going on a WY sheep hunt in the next couple of years and want to use this pair of boots. Hunting with rifle in sept/oct.

I wouldn’t get the Hardscrabbles if you’re going sheep hunting. They just don’t have enough side support for me. But might be the better choice for the rest of your hunting.

Carl: I actually have both. I would agree with Schaaf that the side support on the Hardscrabbles aren't as great as the Extremes. I just got the Hardscrabbles this year during a great sale, and have had the Extremes for the last three. The Extremes have worked for me throughout the East Coast, but were perfect for me while in warm climates of MT as well as snow/ice in MT. The gaiters worked perfect with the Extremes.
Again, my vote was the Extremes. Truly the best boot that I have ever owned.

I wouldn’t get the Hardscrabbles if you’re going sheep hunting. They just don’t have enough side support for me. But might be the better choice for the rest of your hunting.
Thats the direction I am leaning.

Get the uninsulated model. Vs the 400gm. My feet stay warmer in those with the extra room. Have had others confirm as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back