Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Keep building Wyoming elk points?

If you would've applied in the regular general elk draw last year with 3 points, you would've been about 50% to draw. If you'd bought the point last year and then applied this year with 4 points, you would've drawn for sure. You probably missed your best opportunity to guarantee a tag, but you're still close enough that I'd stay in the game. I'd absolutely buy the point this year and then put in next year.

Pancake said it correctly... ^^^^ You should have bought a point last year, but you can't fix the mistakes of the past. Buy a point this year, and every year until you draw the GEN tag. You are too close to quit now, you should draw sometime over the next 5 or 6 years, if not before.

The Wyoming NR preference point system has a lot of the same elements of a ponzi scheme.

My advice is to cash out ASAP on a general tag.

Burn them now. You'll never catch up and personally, if 90/5/5 happens I will draw a general tag with what I have and give it my best go. Then I will be done with Wyoming.

Reactions: DFS
I am trying to decide if I should keep buying Wyoming elk points, currently I have 3 (would have 4 but decided not to last year) but with tag costs and the possible cap for non residents to 10% is it worth it to keep buying them? I will have 5 points going into next year for deer and antelope. But lower tag costs and I enjoy hunting muleys a lot more and would like a nice antelope at one point.
You might want to start on pronghorn PPs now and plan that hunt in about 5-8 years.

I'm in the same boat. I have 3 elk points and will go into next year with 4. Hoping for a general. If I draw that will likely be my only WY elk tag unless something changes. I imagine I'll buy points until I draw. Should've applied this year but didn't have time to hunt as we're moving out of state end of September.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back