Yeti GOBOX Collection

kansasdad and kansasson Wyoming adventure observations......

Glad I noticed this bumping back up to the top and stopped back in for another look. Pretty amazing amount of wildlife that you got pictures of!

A couple of days after I returned to Kansas, I was vacuum sealing the antelope into tasty parts to reside in the freezer until beckoned to the kitchen, and I had a tenderloin going in the sous vide. After 2 1/2 hours at 129 degrees, I removed the jello soft morsels and seared them in a screaming hot cast iron skillet for a nice external crust. Mrs kansasdad told me that this was the best steak she has ever had.....ever.

Today I attended another Covid wedding, and ducked out early from the dinner reception, as everyone was going to be ditching their masks to eat. I instead went home to prepare a post Thanksgiving Day charcuterie meal for visiting adult kids and their spouses.

Included in the meal was antelope flat iron seared with McCormick's Roasted Garlic & Herb, and the sirloin was seared with Montreal Steak seasoning. Pre-Covid Canada goose pastrami and store bought salami rounded out the meat section of the spread. Really nice grapes, tart apple slices, various nuts and with a stroke of genius kansasson suggested we break out some of the homemade jellies to add some sweetness when desired. He brought up a blueberry/peach and also a sandplum.

003.JPG

002.JPG

004.JPG

001.JPG
Due to certain nefarious malcontents and general hooligans jawing on several other threads, I decided to see what the fuss was about.........also Dillons, a Kroger subsidiary, had Tillamook cheese on sale.

005.JPG

My first plate ready to go to the living room, ready to cheer on K-State, playing Baylor in a deluge (and winning at the time of this post) GO CATS!!

006.JPG

Disheartening news from rancher friends….the lack of moisture surpasses last years levels.

It will be deer only for four of us going this year. Sadly no antelope tags as the tag quota was halved. I also have a turkey tag, which like the deer, will be archery only for this trip.

Less than 50 days for wheels westward.

Disheartening news from rancher friends….the lack of moisture surpasses last years levels.

It will be deer only for four of us going this year. Sadly no antelope tags as the tag quota was halved. I also have a turkey tag, which like the deer, will be archery only for this trip.

Less than 50 days for wheels westward.
How’d I miss this? I’m following along.

2020 antelope steaks in the sous vide and then crusted on the hot grill for a nice crisping. Fingers crossed for fortune in the draws upcoming.

8FDDFBE5-5335-4B89-AB1A-DECEC94A6777.jpeg

C07126E7-6045-4087-A4E1-8AD57890BC1C.jpeg
9A75240D-0E4A-44EA-84DC-E20EC8A43BE1.jpeg
Rave reviews on the meat.

As kansasson said, “no way Wyoming let’s me go 0/6 in the draw over three years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back