Kansas whitetails

singleshot

These are some Kansas whitetails caught last week on my stealth cam. It is legal to bait deer in Kansas. This is about 2 miles from where I live and will be my hunting site come October.
buck1.JPG

buck2.JPG

buck3.JPG

buck4.JPG

buck5.JPG

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 08-10-2003 18:58: Message edited by: singleshot ]</font>

Looks like you have some nice bucks to chase this year. Are these guys on private land, or public? I guess I am more curious if you are able to use your camera on public land or not. What are you chasing these guys with, bow or rifle? Welcome aboard. Hope to see you often.

My son Bow hunts starting Oct 1st, then the deer are so thick in this particular area of NE Kansas that they are opening a special rifle season the last week of October to try and thin them out a little. Normal firearm season in around the 1st week of December after the rut in this area. This special season will be about a week or two prior to rut. There are so many deer that you can get one buck and buy over the counter tags for does. Each individual good take upto 8 deer each this year. They have become a real nuisance, causing many car accidents and a couple of car accidental deaths of the cars drivers. The coons love the corn and we get our share of their photos. Coyotes are heavy in this area also and we will be starting to call them about Sept. Catch you later. Ed
This is on private land. I assume you could use it on public land around here, but it would probably get stolen 1st night.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 08-11-2003 15:18: Message edited by: singleshot ]</font>

My son and I drew tags this year for MZ and rifle in unit #10. I see I have the option to hunt in unit #19 for the early rifle season.

Is there much public or walk in hunting in that unit? Looks like there would not be much since the area is more populated

I plan to hunt during MZ season so I can scout for rifle season. Like to see my 15 year old son take a good buck.

Bob

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back