Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Kansas deer application (mandatory to buy license?)

TN VOL

Does anyone know if it’s required to buy the $97.50 hunting license prior to applying for the draw?? I thought it was and I just applied my family of 5 and we all are in the draw without purchasing the $97.50 non refundable license that you used to be required to purchase? I’m making sure I’ve completed this correctly..I received an email of my receipt of which units I applied for. Very confusing..

I’m pretty sure you do. It is weird though because it lets me go thru the entire process but I also have a license that’s still valid from last year. If I was applying this year I would just flip the toggle to “auto renew” so I knew I was covered. Since you have to put a card down they may just ding that card for the 97.50 before the draw?

From the language on the home page it’s pretty clear you do, “Nonresident hunters, regardless of age, must have a non-resident hunting license.”

I may be wrong. It would be nice if you didn’t now that it’s not 100% save a few bucks on the years you don’t draw. I thought you had to enter your license number like AZ in the past though?

I may be wrong. It would be nice if you didn’t now that it’s not 100% save a few bucks on the years you don’t draw. I thought you had to enter your license number like AZ in the past though?
I didn’t tonight when I applied..just went straight through, you’d think that the system wouldn’t allow you to apply unless you had the $97.50 license if it was mandatory.

Ya it is strange. I always bought one at the time of application because I planned on using it to pheasant hunt a few times so I needed it anyway so I’m not the expert on this by any means. Hunting Fool list it as “Non refundable up front fees” of 100.38

@Trial153, do they just hold your deer tag until you purchase the hunting license or do they mail it out?

Does anyone know if it’s required to buy the $97.50 hunting license prior to applying for the draw?? I thought it was and I just applied my family of 5 and we all are in the draw without purchasing the $97.50 non refundable license that you used to be required to purchase? I’m making sure I’ve completed this correctly..I received an email of my receipt of which units I applied for. Very confusing..
Did you buy a license last year? The license is good for 1yr so your license may still be valid when applying. On my application receipt it shows my current license is good until 12/05/2023.

Did you have to front the tag fee? This is the first year I remember not having to front the tag fee.

Did you buy a license last year? The license is good for 1yr so your license may still be valid when applying. On my application receipt it shows my current license is good until 12/05/2023.

Did you have to front the tag fee? This is the first year I remember not having to front the tag fee.
I paid $28 each to apply my family of 5

Ya it is strange. I always bought one at the time of application because I planned on using it to pheasant hunt a few times so I needed it anyway so I’m not the expert on this by any means. Hunting Fool list it as “Non refundable up front fees” of 100.38

@Trial153, do they just hold your deer tag until you purchase the hunting license or do they mail it out?
They would mail it out, I would purchase the license online sometime before I left off for my hunt. One time I even bought it at cabelas in KS

Seems like to me they changed that last year.

I might be wrong. In the past I purchased mine after drawing but in last year’s application there didn’t seem to be a way to not buy it.
That maybe the case! I bought a point past year. First time ever after not drawing the previous year...that also was first for me.

Seems like to me they changed that last year.

I might be wrong. In the past I purchased mine after drawing but in last year’s application there didn’t seem to be a way to not buy it.

you are correct. A non refundable license is now required for all draws regardless of the outcome. It is not required for a point purchase at this time though.

you are correct. A non refundable license is now required for all draws regardless of the outcome. It is not required for a point purchase at this time though.
I'm glad I turkey in Kansas every year anyway. So when I buy my hunting license in the spring I already have it for the draw app and the deer season if I draw.
Btw, last year was the first time ever I didn't draw a deer tag in Kansas.

You know you can just call and ask the agency? It would be likely more of an effective way of getting the correct answer than hearing ten different opinions, interpretations and personal experiences on the subject.

You know you can just call and ask the agency? It would be likely more of an effective way of getting the correct answer than hearing ten different opinions, interpretations and personal experiences on the subject.
I tried calling multiple times last week and this week. Also emailed. Silence. Couldn’t even leave voicemail.

It clearly stated when you log on an apply now. Can’t miss it. It won’t let you check out with out it. I just did my application tonight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back