Just a little rant...

huntid73

So I'm not sure if other Idaho hunters have noticed, but there have been a lot of animals left to waste this year. Two incidents occurred in areas I hunt, and one involved a moose I had been watching for two years now and was going to try to put in for next year. This utterly pisses me off! Where is the respect for the game anymore?? I remember being taught to never pull the gun up unless you are prepared to take care of the animal you harvest. I just don't get it, and I appreciate the fact that I can come on to Hunt Talk and deal with hunters who truly respect the game they are pursuing; and to watch shows like Fresh Tracks and MeatEater and see not only the hunt, but the after shot care and processing to show it's not about the kill. I just hope the people responsible for leaving critters to waste get caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Found one dead elk during archery season in area I thought I was by myself in... Obviously not, young cow and that shot was defiantly lethal low lung but never made the effort to recover her not sure what happened, maybe he made an effort and didn't find her who knows.

That's a shame...here in the southeast corner of the Gem State, the past month has been a parade of Fish and Game looking for people who have left game, and that just makes the image of hunting go down.

Back