Caribou Gear

Just a dumb idea or the downfall of archery? You decide!

Do you think the regulators get tired of having to close every conceivable loophole dreamed up by idiots in their basement, many of which probably have gotten used in the field before the law “caught up”. Sheesh….

274C76EB-FBAB-418C-8D80-877559D7FA35.jpeg346C3149-3DDA-43CD-8F2D-3F048248D0A5.jpegAED20656-B2E6-4278-8B12-B92A1C34A011.jpeg

Do you think the regulators get tired of having to close every conceivable loophole dreamed up by idiots in their basement, many of which probably have gotten used in the field before the law “caught up”. Sheesh….

Totally agree, there has absolutely been tech creep in all of hunting, but in the 1850s people were making 1,000 yard shots with muzzleloaders, Carlos Hathcock made a 2,500 yard shot in the 1960s. Rifles today are not that much better than they were 50 years ago, to that end how many folks are still hunting with p-64 rifles.

In the same time period bows have dramatically changed into something that would be completely unrecognizable 50 years ago. At the same time we haven't adapted season structures and limits to account for these changes.

Unlimited OTC Rut tags. Unlimited OTC Cow tags in CO. WTF

And then we don't have mandatory reporting so wildlife agencies literally have no idea what the effects are to the herds.

Not going to lie, I looked at Steambow's web site, they make some really neat stuff. I guess this is what you get when "assault" rifles are banned where you hail, you build an assault 6 shot crossbow. Don't worry they are semi-auto, so they will be legal in MT when the season is created. The air-rifle crossbow is pretty cool. up to 10 shots per minute, at 400fps, and silent. Sounds like a cat hunters dream come true.
So your profile pic looks a lot like "Tom Terrific" What say you?

As best as I can tell it'd be legal to use in PA for archery season. However, at that price point I doubt I'll run into someone with one anytime soon.

A really ingenious design, hats off to the engineer

As best as I can tell it'd be legal to use in PA for archery season. However, at that price point I doubt I'll run into someone with one anytime soon.

A really ingenious design, hats off to the engineer
Nobody in PA will be spending money on that thing since it limits your ability to shoot out the truck window.

Perfect for those multiple bird flushes. With lighted knocks it would be like shooting tracers at the flocks of waterfowl !

Would be curious to see that guy shoot a hunting weight bow. Looks like a draw weight of what 12lbs ?

I'd really be blown away if he could do that at 55lbs.
He shoots something like a 20lb bow, and very under spined arrows. Cool trick shooting but that's it.

Laser sight and all.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back