Just 20 Plan Changes Left

Does anyone else change their hunting plan on a daily basis the month before opening day? I'm glad OnX doesn't charge per waypoint 😬😬

Or during the hunt, as my favorite philosopher said “Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth”.

Does anyone else change their hunting plan on a daily basis the month before opening day? I'm glad OnX doesn't charge per waypoint 😬😬
Or six months before opening day. I've think I've got the latest and greatest, then read something on a thread here I hadn't thought of before, or something Big Fin talks about on his hunts, and then it's all out the window and plan it all over again. Too much fun, really

Or six months before opening day. I've think I've got the latest and greatest, then read something on a thread here I hadn't thought of before, or something Big Fin talks about on his hunts, and then it's all out the window and plan it all over again. Too much fun, really
My problem is such a large area and I want to see it all...oh and hopefully see a deer or two.

I went and deleted a bunch of glassing points today after I decided they would likely be crowded.
I’m looking at OnX and Google earth almost every day second guessing myself.

Reactions: trb
Ive changed my hunt dates 5 times since the middle of august and with weather in certain areas. Good thing I dont have to have my vacation in a year in adavnace.

Yes, I'm constantly changing my thinking in the lead up to my hunts. The only thing I don't want to happen is for me to make some funky plan change on a whim during the season, because I've done that before with less than stellar results.

Since I'm mostly guessing on where to find deer it really is about the scenery. Have soooo many questions I need to answer about mule deer that expectations are very low.

Went to my honey hole and it is now a tourist trap for
out of towners wanting an ATV outing or all day Jeep excursion.
Old ladies riding in the backs of Jeeps with thier poodles and cocktails.
I know who I'd like to hunt!!...How do Poodles taste?? 🔥

Since I'm mostly guessing on where to find deer it really is about the scenery. Have soooo many questions I need to answer about mule deer that expectations are very low.
Such as ? MAYBE we can help . Where are you hunting this year ?

Such as ? MAYBE we can help . Where are you hunting this year ?
I have a tag for region w. From what I read on here there likely will be more hunters than trees. Roadless areas seem to be the standard advice given but looking at maps those are few and far between in that area. Always a little reluctant to ask questions here because I don't have much information to offer in return, so I lurk around!!!

I have a tag for region w. From what I read on here there likely will be more hunters than trees. Roadless areas seem to be the standard advice given but looking at maps those are few and far between in that area. Always a little reluctant to ask questions here because I don't have much information to offer in return, so I lurk around!!!
Wish I could help but ive never hunted Wyoming. Been hunting mulies a long time tho . Good luck to you ! Get out there and hunt you never know what you may come across

I got a text last week that a friend of mine is pregnant and having a shotgun wedding I am requested to attend the afternoon of Oct. 19th, my opening day and start of a planned 9 day backpack.

This is not the type of plan changing I have made customary over the past 6 months. I feel this is grounds for friend excommunication....

Nope, i know exactly where ill be and which bucks im going after, where they bed and where they move. Got 6 stands and a blind up. Come on november.

Wish I could help but ive never hunted Wyoming. Been hunting mulies a long time tho . Good luck to you ! Get out there and hunt you never know what you may come across
Thanks...that's my plan....Had a couple people offer up some advice here through PM...thanks to you....It will be a great experience I'm sure:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back