Caribou Gear Tarp

Jury Finds Four Corner Crossing Hunters Not Guilty of Trespass

It’s funny that they argued directly against known case law. Cuius est solum has been tested and disproven. It is practically impossible.

Do you think he thought this would get pushed up the court system? We will see his reaction soon I’m sure. Maybe he thinks upper courts will take it on, and we will get new case law that he favors? In a way I hope it gets pushed up.

I'm sure Carbon County residents are stoked their tax money funding the DA is going to funding two cases of the same crime only a year apart. Maybe corner crossing was MORE illegal in 2020.

Honestly, what is wrong with the DA? Is there really nothing better to be done with tax payers dollars.
The DA is responding to landowners more than he is enforcing the law in my opinion. What I want to know is what is the kickback the DA is getting or does the DA have a personal inteterest in the case like owning some of that land.

So ... the rancher's cow sticks its nose through the property boundary fence and nibbles the grass on USFS land. Does the Leggo air space rule apply there too? The cow's nose is trespassing on govt land without a lease. Or his neighbor's land. This corner crossing nit-picking is pure bullshit. Ranchers who don't want public using the miniscule amout of land/air space to jump from one corner of public land to another can either do a land swap or join block management or just shut up and put up with public "trespassers." There are options available besides being arrogant assholes ... and wasting taxpayer money in court fights.

Last edited:
So ... the rancher's cow sticks its nose through the property boundary fence and nibbles the grass on USFS land. Does the Leggo air space rule apply there too? The cow's nose is trespassing on govt land without a lease. Or his neighbor's land. This corner crossing nit-picking is pure bullshit. Ranchers who don't want public using the miniscule amout of land/air space to jump from one corner of public land to another can either do a land swap or join block management or just shut up and put up with public "trespassers." There are options available besides being arrogant assholes ... and wasting taxpayer money in court fights.
Probably the same jackasses that send their ranch hands out to shoo the elk back onto their property if they get to close to the fence line and look like they're going to jump onto public lands.

Probably the same jackasses that send their ranch hands out to shoo the elk back onto their property if they get to close to the fence line and look like they're going to jump onto public lands.
And then think the state owes them some $$$ for range damage due to public elk overrunning their property.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back