Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Join team Mathews???

aahrens_83

So thinking about buying a new Mathews. Saved up money looking for something new. I want to build me own bow finally. I've only ever owned 2 bows in my life. Got a Cabelas special package bow when I was a kid, used until college. Then bought my current bow an Elite Synergy from a buddy that came with a bunch of goodies.
Already spoke with Pro Staff ppl at bow shop but now I want to hear the real world opinions.
1) Can I get 7-10yrs out of current Mathew bows? I want something that lasts
2) Real vs Hype? worth the $$$$?

Any thoughts/opinions please feel free to share

I like my Mathews. Used a high country for 20 years before buying the mathews in 2007. No issues with it and dont really plan to buy another bow.

Best thing to do of in the market for a new bow is go to multiple shops you trust and shoot multiple bows/brands. What one person likes you may not, etc.
^ this. There are a lot of great offerings out there and you can only narrow it down by shooting them to gauge the let off, backwall, features, etc. Honestly, testing them all out is half the fun.

Lots of great bows out there but Mathews is certainly one of them. I started with a Drenlin, then a Z7 and just this year bought a vxr. I had the Z7 for ten plus years and could still be shooting it.
Good luck with your choice.

I know 2 guys with the VXR and they says it’s as great as advertised. I shoot mathews and probably will stay with them in the future but wouldn’t be opposed to trying something else.

So thinking about buying a new Mathews. Saved up money looking for something new. I want to build me own bow finally. I've only ever owned 2 bows in my life. Got a Cabelas special package bow when I was a kid, used until college. Then bought my current bow an Elite Synergy from a buddy that came with a bunch of goodies.
Already spoke with Pro Staff ppl at bow shop but now I want to hear the real world opinions.
1) Can I get 7-10yrs out of current Mathew bows? I want something that lasts
2) Real vs Hype? worth the $$$$?

Any thoughts/opinions please feel free to share
I’ve shot Mathews since 2000 and love them. Having said that, do like others have said and shoot as many as you can. Let the bow choose you. You might be surprised to find a different brand you like better and that it may not be the most expensive model. Enjoy the ride.

The only bow I have ever purchased, in 2007, was a Mathews SBXT and I still hunt with it every year. I really couldn't ask for a better weapon.
I killed elk, deer, and turkeys with my SBXT. One of Mathews best no doubt. I’m getting ready to resurrect mine for Spring turkey season.

I bought a Hoyt Hyperforce a few years back, I shot it and the Mathews Halon at the time along with many others. The hyperforce felt better for me so I bought it. My neighbor down the street ended up winning a hyperforce at a 3D league and he hated it, said his older Nitrum shot better and he sold it.
I went in to bow shop last year and shot all the new bows, and if I were buying a bow last year I would have bought the Mathews VXR over any others and almost bought it (wife veto) because it shoots better than my Hoyt.
That being said, and as others have stated, shoot as many as you can and don’t be stuck on a manufacture, shoot what feels best for you and you shoot well.

Which Mathews are you looking at?

As others have stated go to the shop/shops near you and shoot them all. Go in with an open mind. I've alway been a hoyt guy but last year walked in to the sporting goods store with zero intentions of buying a bow. Shot the new hoyt and mathews. Got home and was asked what took so long. Told the wife well I bought you this really expensive Mathews hat. The vxr 31.5 is the quietest and dead in hand bow I have shot. I would not hesitate to pick up any of the mathews that have the switchweight mod on them.

You can shoot almost any of the new bows for 10 plus yrs, I used to buy a bow every 2yrs or so now I keep em a long time my last move was from a 10 yr old Hoyt to a used 2yr old Hoyt you can save so much on a 2yr old bow
Shoot many and see how they feel Mathews makes a great bow but dont limit yourself to one brand see how they feel when your shooting em. IMO their are so many great bows and will last for yrs to come

You can shoot almost any of the new bows for 10 plus yrs, I used to buy a bow every 2yrs or so now I keep em a long time my last move was from a 10 yr old Hoyt to a used 2yr old Hoyt you can save so much on a 2yr old bow
Shoot many and see how they feel Mathews makes a great bow but dont limit yourself to one brand see how they feel when your shooting em. IMO their are so many great bows and will last for yrs to come
Lots of sense in this. Good advice.

I have had my Mattews Reezen for 12 years with no problem. I am getting old so I just put on new limbs to lower weight. I was pretty impressed that they still stocked limbs for a 12 year old bow.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back