MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Join team Mathews???

FB_IMG_16173053283551.jpg

All kidding aside. They are fantastic bows. I just don't shoot them so I gotta keep my mathews hate cred.

I have shot Matthews for about 15 years.

Are they worth the price? no. But they are nice bows. IMHO no bow is worth more than $500....

IMHO no bow is worth more than $500....

Realize that Mathews is probably selling them for ~$700ish, and making a couple hundred, your pro-shop is selling them for ~$1000ish and making a couple hundred and yeah, your holding a $500 bow in your hands. So you're getting the exact amount of bow you think it's worth, you're just paying a lot more for it.

In the grand scheme of things archery and bowhunting is a small community with a limited customer base. They don't have the economies of scale that a ford or chevy does. Both Mathews and my local pro shop has to pay to keep the lights on...

So as to your statement; are they worth more than $500? That's about what they cost to make so i suppose you could say that's what they are worth, but you've heard about them through some marketing strategy and you have access to them from your local shop. That's why they cost what they do. Mathews employs a lot more people than are on the Mathew's payroll.

Last edited:
If you like how the Mathews feels and shoots, then I say go for it. As others have said, I would never buy a flagship bow with out shooting it first. Mathews has great resale value so if in a year or 2 you don't like it or get bored with it, you'll recoup a fair amount of your original investment. I will say they do shoot/hold nice with no handshock at all and super quiet. I have a V3 31 on order that should be here in around 2 weeks. Lead times are long with all the top bow manufacturers so order soon.

lets be honest here. You dont need a new bow, you want a new bow. That synergy will last you for as long as you can afford to put new strings on. I have a Synergy and a matthews Chill, The synergy will forever be with me, i love that bow. Jury is still out on the Chill ill give it a couple more years, but i really like it so far and ive only had it a year. I have two cause i like a backup, kinda wish i would of just got another synergy but i have no need for a third bow right now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rgreen
Back