Joe Rogan podcast with Marcus Luttrell

Brandon270

Anyone catch this podcast? One of the best non hunting related podcast episodes I've heard in a while. This guy's story is incredible and just hearing him describe the hell he went through shows the sacrifices he and so many others have made. Definitely worth a listen.

On a side note the episode abruptly ends during a bathroom break, not sure if it was a recording error or he got too emotional and couldn't finish it.

I’ve got to listen to this. I sat next to Marcus on a flight to Houston a couple years ago. Had no idea who he was (thought he might be a football player). But as were inflight, Marcus calmly excused himself from our conversation (I never talk to my seat ate, but he was a nice engaging dude), turned and cooly told the guy behind us he was going to wait for him off the plane because he didn’t want guys wife to see him get his a** kicked (guy had bumped his seat in flight). The guy in front of me was a retired Marine, knew who he was and defused it.

Thanks OP; that was a great podcast. My buddy saw the movie and said the fight down the mountain couldn't possibly be true; I had read the book and it seemed pretty true to fact.

One of Rogans best. I read his book and knew there was much more to his story. I hope he does another one. Marcus Luttrell is a hero. One of many in the crews.
That's who tomorrow's generation should be looking up to. Unfortunately it's not because they get brushed aside for the other kind of "heroes" in todays spotlight.

Was fortunate to see him speak a couple times. He does a good presentation on that battle if you ever get the chance to see it, don't pass it up.

I’ve got to listen to this. I sat next to Marcus on a flight to Houston a couple years ago. Had no idea who he was (thought he might be a football player). But as were inflight, Marcus calmly excused himself from our conversation (I never talk to my seat ate, but he was a nice engaging dude), turned and cooly told the guy behind us he was going to wait for him off the plane because he didn’t want guys wife to see him get his a** kicked (guy had bumped his seat in flight). The guy in front of me was a retired Marine, knew who he was and defused it.

For real? That's a hair trigger right there.

It was a decent interview, didn't like how it ended though. When's Randy going to get a invite to go on there?

I still have a bone to pick with guys like Marcus and Jacko Winnick when it comes to the psychopath Chris Kyle. Their constant backing of someone who participated and profited in stolen valor can not acceptable. Marcus also believed and still does apparently, The bar fight with Jesse Ventura, which was also proven not to be true. He has no problem dragging a fellow SEAL through the dirt about that.

I saw the movie "Lone Survivor" and actually really liked it, although there seems to be very little truth to the story or the movie.

I saw the movie "Lone Survivor" and actually really liked it, although there seems to be very little truth to the story or the movie.
You know, Rob O'Neill, the SEAL Team Six guy from Butte who shot Bin Laden, pretty much confirms Luttrell's story. Were you deployed there at the time?

You know, Rob O'Neill, the SEAL Team Six guy from Butte who shot Bin Laden, pretty much confirms Luttrell's story. Were you deployed there at the time?
Is Robert O'Neill really the best guy to use to co-sign Luttrell's story? There's quite a bit of controversy around his actions in the Bin Laden Raid and he's been highly criticized by other Seals himself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back