Joe Pickett

Muleyfanatic

Just a heads up a new book came out in the series this month. I just downloaded it; haven't got a chance to read it yet.

Another great read by Box. The only problem I find with his books is that I finish them too fast and have to wait for the next one!!! I think Savage Run is still my favorite in the Pickett series and Blue Heaven is my favorite stand alone novel.

Agreed after this one I might start reading the series all over again. It sucks waiting so long for them to come out.

Thanks for the heads up! I like how he weaves in contemporary issues, many of which involve resource management, into the plot.

Blue Heaven was a VERY good book.

For those that like these books, I suggest you take a look at those by Paul Doiron. The lead character is also a game warden, but they are set in Maine. Not quite as good, IMO, as those by Box, but fun reads nonetheless.

Last edited:
I just started on these the last 2-3 months. I'm up to book 8 or 9 now, borrowing from the library.

Nate is the quintessential wingman..no pun.;)

Like the governor too.

Sometimes we download to the nook and listen while traveling....wife enjoys em also.

I was introduced to these books in high school by my English teacher because he knew I wouldn't turn in much for book reports if the books were not interesting to me. Man did I read those suckers and still do as soon as they come out. I haven't gotten a chance to start the newest one yet but I will soon.

I agree that they read so fast it's tough when you finish one to wait for the next.

CJ Box is great author. His Joe Pickett novels are the best. I took him and his daughters fishing in WY in 2003. He noted and signed "Open Season" and "Savage Run" for me as my tips for two different fishing trips. 1 year later, my German Shorthair Pointer shredded the books to pieces. Sad day. Great books!

Anyone else get their autographed copy?

Attachments

• IMG_0896 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0896 (Small).JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0895 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0895 (Small).JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 151
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads