Javelina tags in Arizona $$$$

You should protest against the AZFG by not going hunting in that state and not letting them FORCE you into doing anything.
That'll show em!!
Sorry,but I was never a sheep with no brains too pay for something I don't use,unlike some others.

what is a good caliber for javelinas?
Well, considering they're 40-60 lbs and you can generally get to within 50 yds or less (sometimes you can walk right up on them), most any centerfire rifle or pistol will work. I would recommend .243 or better. This spring I'm using a .50 muzzleloader shooting patch and ball during the rifle season. Archery is on the agenda too (I have two tags - one rifle, one archery).

Well, considering they're 40-60 lbs and you can generally get to within 50 yds or less (sometimes you can walk right up on them), most any centerfire rifle or pistol will work. I would recommend .243 or better. This spring I'm using a .50 muzzleloader shooting patch and ball during the rifle season. Archery is on the agenda too (I have two tags - onso 223 would work

Archery is the best way to hunt them in my opinion. But any centerfire rifle will work. I have taken them with .223 up to .270 plus muzzleloader and archery. They don't have the greatest eyesight but they have a good sense of smell. Just play the wind and you will be just fine. Wife and I snuck into 7 yards last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back