Javelina euro mount

Bagel_7

Took my daughter on her first hunt ever, we made the drive from Boise to AZ last weekend of January for a javelina youth left over tag. It was a great hunt, she experienced all the ups and downs of hunting in a single day and in the end she made a good shot on a female at 10 yards. I wanted to do something special with the euro mount. So I made a plaque in the shape of AZ and hung it from a skull hooker. I had seen something similar in a google search and customized it a bit.

Attachments

• 1 - dYHIBNE.jpg
    1 - dYHIBNE.jpg
    1,008 KB · Views: 70
  • 2 - YYtNVQz.jpg
    2 - YYtNVQz.jpg
    1,012.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 3 - NdYmihk.jpg
    3 - NdYmihk.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
Nice
f.png

f.png

Very cool!! I still have a javelina skull rolling around in one of my freezers that I need to get cleaned up. Think they look awesome! Want to stage it on the base of the full body mount I had done.

Took my daughter on her first hunt ever, we made the drive from Boise to AZ last weekend of January for a javelina youth left over tag. It was a great hunt, she experienced all the ups and downs of hunting in a single day and in the end she made a good shot on a female at 10 yards. I wanted to do something special with the euro mount. So I made a plaque in the shape of AZ and hung it from a skull hooker. I had seen something similar in a google search and customized it a bit.
That looks great! What a great trophy to compliment the memories of hunting with her dad.

Really cool. Nice job. I’ve been thinking about taking my young boys on an AZ javelina hunt.

Really cool. Nice job. I’ve been thinking about taking my young boys on an AZ javelina hunt.
I would recommend it. There is a lot of room for error just play the wind and you can get away with movement and noise and still get close.

That looks badass! Did you do everything yourself?
Yeah I boiled it and cleaned it with a pressure washer then boiled again with volume 40. Then took some scrap wood and cut the shape out with a jig saw.

That looks great! How did you get the bottom jaw to stay on using the skull hooker?

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back