Yeti GOBOX Collection

Jarbidge Hunting Area 071-079

I also have the late Jarbidge Elk hunt, Nov-6. Im getting older so I plan to come in from murphy's hot spring's and try some of the lower country due to health issues. Ive been told I should be able to find some sort of decent bull with some heavy winter weather. I had 14 points but decided I better use them on something I could draw rather than continue putting in for the tougher to draw areas. I've never been in that country so I'm looking forward to it regardless. Any advice or pointer's would sure be appreciated.
If you want to stay lower maybe take the road to the east just north of town and try the Jack Creek/Dave Creek area. Great glassing up on the rim. But you’ll need a Jeep or side by side to get there unless you go up from Murphy Hot Springs. Or the west side of the Jarbidge rd around Deer Cr/Buck Cr. But it all depends on the weather. Both for animals in those areas and also getting into those areas.
It‘s amazing country, have fun and good luck!

If you want to stay lower maybe take the road to the east just north of town and try the Jack Creek/Dave Creek area. Great glassing up on the rim. But you’ll need a Jeep or side by side to get there unless you go up from Murphy Hot Springs. Or the west side of the Jarbidge rd around Deer Cr/Buck Cr. But it all depends on the weather. Both for animals in those areas and also getting into those areas.
It‘s amazing country, have fun and good luck!
Thank's Elk dog, I just finished my Utah Deer hunt and am now fighting off pneumonia. I plan to head that way on the 12th. That will give me a little time to recover and possibly give the weather an extra week for possible snow. I have a pretty extreme 4X4 to hopefully get me in just a little deeper than the next guy If we can get some snow. I cant wait to get there and I sure appreciate the information you have helped me with. I will be camping in my 5th wheel trailer as a dry comp, any advice on camping area's? I cant decide if I should head up from Well's toward contact and then across toward Elk Mt, or Keep heading north and go around to Murphy hot spring's or go north out of Elko straight toward Jarbidge. Any advise?

Attachments

• IMG_0576 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0576 - Copy.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
Sorry about the late reply. With a 5th wheel definitely come in through Murphy Hot Springs. Lots of places to camp around Jarbidge, especially after you go through town. I may have given you some wrong info. You probably can’t hunt west of the Jarbidge road so make sure you double check. You might also think about the Slide Creek area if you haven’t decided on a place. I’ve seen 5th wheels up there but keep an eye on the weather report or getting down might be fun. Nice rig! You’ll be fine almost any place in the area with that unless you get a bunch of snow, which isn’t looking likely right now. Although things can change fast there.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back