Jacobsen's University of Elk Hunting

jquigley

Just wondering if anyone else out there has given Corey Jacobsen's new product a try. Been on it for the last week or so between sessions on Google Earth. So far I'm finding it really helpful. I'm sure for more experienced guys a lot of it feels like obvious information, but for this newbie it's almost worth the price of admission just to have it all organized in one place. I really like that it covers a broad range of topics. Google Earth, gear, calling and behavior etc...

Corey seems like a solid guy to boot! Even contacted me when he realized a discount code didn't work properly and that I should have received an extra 10 bucks off.

Are there other similar resources out there people might recommend? It goes without saying I have watched everything on Fin's youtube channel containing the word elk, several times.

I have it. We ran a promo on FB. I'll get the promo code posted here when I get home. It is worth far more than the price he is charging. I wish it had been around when I started elk hunting. It would have saved a lot of dumb experiments.

I'll have the link and promo code up by noon.

I've been thinking about it. I have they're university of elk hunting dvd and it was great. Great group of guys over at elk101

I got it during the 50% off price he offered when it came out. So far seems great haven't had a lot of time to go through it yet due to time constraints withe three boys in full baseball mode. Looking forward to July when baseball is over. It sure seems helpful to a guy like me who hasn't elk hunted a lot.

I wish it had been around when I started elk hunting. It would have saved a lot of dumb experiments.

Ha! If that sentence doesn't hit the nail on the head. Never thought of it that way but my first couple years archery hunting could be titled dumb experiments :) thanks for the laugh!

Im going to look into this also. Not sure when I will start cashing elk points but it doesn't hurt to start learning now.

I've gone through 90% of the course now. No matter what your level of experience is, you're bound to learn something. The google earth stuff was by far the most valuable aspect for me. I definitely recommend it.

I used the hunt talk code and have been working my way through the modules. Very informative!! He uses some very unique methods for instruction that are very helpful for the visual learner instead of just reading or reciting.

Highly recommended for all the guys who are posting the "Newbie in XX area or XX State"!!!

I'm in the same boat.. Been working through it, so far so good and well worth the cost. Im not the most attentive reader, but its keeping my attention and, it has helped to clarify some of my questions. The added video/pictures help in the understanding too. I would like to be able to keep it indefinitely as a resource to look back at, but it shows that the "subscription" runs out next June, I think is. Anyone know if that's the case or not?

I'm in the same boat.. Been working through it, so far so good and well worth the cost. Im not the most attentive reader, but its keeping my attention and, it has helped to clarify some of my questions. The added video/pictures help in the understanding too. I would like to be able to keep it indefinitely as a resource to look back at, but it shows that the "subscription" runs out next June, I think is. Anyone know if that's the case or not?

My understanding is it is a one year subscription.

It's a pretty great package. It's presented clearly, and in a way that anyone can understand. I'd say it's worth every penny. Additionally, there's discount codes at the end for a few different places. I used my Elk101 promo, as well as the Exo Mountain Gear one.

Thanks for all the support guys!

If anyone is interested in a sneak peek inside the course, the Chapter on Scouting with Google Earth (one of the more popular chapters) is open until noon tomorrow (Wednesday) for free viewing. I've received a lot of requests for a look inside, so here you go:

http://www.elk101.com/university/scouting-chapter2/

Many thanks,
Corey

Google Earth_Feeding Areas.jpg

I have purchased access and am budding elk hunter. I am hoping to go on my first elk hunt this fall in BC.

Personally I am finding this program absolutely awesome for me as a beginner! Very informative and will really help when I head out later this year. Combining this with the help on these forums and I know I will be as prepared as I can get.

I have looked all over the online world and have yet to find a resource as valuable as the University or these forum pages.

Hopefully in a few months I will have some great photos to post and share!

Cheers from beautiful British Columbia!

I signed up when Corey first offered it at a discount and have been amazed and what I have learned. The modules on elk habits, scouting, calling and tactics alone were worth the full price. I have been on a few elk hunts and this answered so many questions for me. Great job Corey! and thanks for sharing!

I am very interested in this resource, how applicable is it to the rifle hunter? Cory self proclaimed novice at rifle hunting elk, so those of you that have this would you recommend it to your rifle hunting peers?

I am very interested in this resource, how applicable is it to the rifle hunter? Cory self proclaimed novice at rifle hunting elk, so those of you that have this would you recommend it to your rifle hunting peers?

He covers scenarios for both rifle and archery - I rifle hunt and gained a lot from it, almost everything applies except small differences in tactics.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back