Yeti GOBOX Collection

I've been around a while

mdcrossbow

But getting more time in the office doing porcelain repairs , painting conservation and some gilding. My son Jarrod is running the wood side of the shop these days. Furniture refinishing in the DMV area around DC.
We're one of the busiest shop in town and with covid we doubled our volume just because of people working from home and seeing for the 1st time how bad there stuff really looks.
Anyway, I reflecting a just a bit and found this old 1st encounter. I was just wondering if others have done the same ?
Interisting look back with a lot of thing to add. ; One thing , I can't find any of my art works ?

DaveHawk

New member​

Joined Jul 4, 2004 Messages 1,162 Location Outside the Beltway
Hi , the name is Dave Hawk, I live in the DC area in Maryland. I'm 50 , married 22 years and have 3 son's. 12, 18 and 21. All of which hunt. I have taken over 380+ deer with my crossbow and maybe about 50 with a shot gun and ML.
. I own a furniture refinishing shop and do all my internet work here in the shop. I am also an artist , landscape painter and do some very fine work in Pen&Ink and scrimshal on Ivory and horns.
I also do conservation work on painting and artifacts.
. Right now I'm prepareing for my 5th trip to Lima Peru to add an addition to an orphange that we sponcer at out church. It's a great feeling to give back a little the the Lord and to help out where I can.
. My wife is a Speacel ED teacher here in the county we live in and is great with the kids.
. I hunt all over the east coast , I like to do co-ops with other hunters. Last year I took my 1st Tom in S.C. and John Coit came up here and took his largest buck to date. A few guys have taken their largest buck off my lease which is great to see big smiles when they come out of the woods.
. I realy like this site and everyone seems to be very open to new guys. Thank you.

Wow—You’ve taken 380 deer with a crossbow and 50 with a shotgun and you’re only 50? That’s like 11 a year since you were 10. I like to take one a year but dang. That’s a lot of venison.

Wow—You’ve taken 380 deer with a crossbow and 50 with a shotgun and you’re only 50? That’s like 11 a year since you were 10. I like to take one a year but dang. That’s a lot of venison.
It’s wild how many you can kill in the east each year. I’m a lifetime license holder here in NC so they send me 6 tags each year in the mail. 2 bucks 4 does and after that if I fill them all I can get more doe tags if I pay for them. Most I’ve ever shot was 9 does in one year. I donated most of them to hunter for the hungry.

@mdhunter

Welcome back Dave!

I have really enjoyed your work in progress threads with your artwork. I would love to see the same in your porcelain restorations.

Not really hunting, I removed deer from a tree farm with a grass runway. Somewhere around 500 with the CB when my friend passed away. They didn't go to waist.

It’s wild how many you can kill in the east each year. I’m a lifetime license holder here in NC so they send me 6 tags each year in the mail. 2 bucks 4 does and after that if I fill them all I can get more doe tags if I pay for them. Most I’ve ever shot was 9 does in one year. I donated most of them to hunter for the hungry.
Geetar: friend who has a farm in Va , we put 9 deer in the walk-in cooler about 3 weeks ago on a Saturday. Crop damage permits.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back