It’s about time, Montana.

It’s really pretty sad . I hunt/apply in a bunch of western states and Montana’s wildlife management and regulations are by far the worst. Could care less about e tags but agree with the sentiment fwp is an embarrassment

I don't know about my optimism for the app. However, if the e tag and validation of tags work as well as other systems I have used like Wisconsin's, this is a great step in the right direction. Especially in terms of reporting harvest, which need to be mandatory for big game. The fact that Montana is still behind on reporting among other things still blows my mind, but then again FWP seems to be a bit of a cluster a lot of the time. I hope they get this right the first time, and that it is ultimately a good change.

As a side note, I miss the days of the older better plastic tags, but I'm afraid they will never come back.
When did FWP issue plastic tags in Montana? I don't remember that. Ontario bailed on the special yellow paper licenses exactly the same time as Montana and also went with homemade printer paper ones. Must have been a problem with the IT vendor. That system was always broke down here.

When did FWP issue plastic tags in Montana? I don't remember that. Ontario bailed on the special yellow paper licenses exactly the same time as Montana and also went with homemade printer paper ones. Must have been a problem with the IT vendor. That system was always broke down here.
The last year in Montana was the 2019/2020 hunting season, that's what I remember. When I say plastic I'm referring to the yellow tags that were printed on that special "paper".

Trying to buy my step son a hunting license earlier last fall. Seems like no one at the store could work the machine to print the license. I must be getting old, I was grumbling to him on the way home about how I missed going to the hardware store in town and filling out my carbon copy license.

Trying to buy my step son a hunting license earlier last fall. Seems like no one at the store could work the machine to print the license. I must be getting old, I was grumbling to him on the way home about how I missed going to the hardware store in town and filling out my carbon copy license.
The hardware store in Malta where I got mine printed in 2020 just used an ordinary printer. Helena sent out three licenses to me that year and none arrived. Some idiot in the mail room didn't know how to reset the meter for Canadian postage. The hardware store staff couldn't get logged in and eventually had to call Helena and even those boys had a difficult time figuring out what was wrong. Took more than an hour. I walked around the corner to have a coffee while waiting. The "barrista" had no mask and coughed in my face as soon as I walked in the door. Welcome to COVID Montana.

It’s really nice drinking a beer and purchasing your license and tags. And not having to deal with or wait on anyone.

Do they regularly access your address book like all the other apps? What data do they harvest from your phone and what do they do with it.

Asking for a friend... '-)

(If) this leads to mandatory reporting, which I believe it should, imagine the interesting data that could be gathered.

(If) this leads to mandatory reporting, which I believe it should, imagine the interesting data that could be gathered.

We had mandatory reporting before the app, but it definitely put people up in arms when it came out...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back