Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Its about that time we start planning

Yeah, people say that, 80-90 lbs is supposed to be pretty good. So, hunt in the am and early pm for them. Hunt in the middle of the night if you want one with big tusks. I think they taste great too, though.

I've got some hamburger from a big one for testing too, but its expensive to mail it.

Tom, excuse my ignorance, but what is a 'loan' boar...is that a species...or one with no friends?;) :)

Oh, ok, lone boar, the boar out there by himself. He's usually a big one. When you see one set of tracks that are big, that's him, hang out there if they are fresh, he will show up.

Washington Hunter said:
There must be something better to do in the middle of the night in Texas than sitting in the dark waiting on a lone pig to show up.
Me thinkin' burly-girls. yeh baby....hump

Whats avaliable in the area for a non-hunting spouse, my wife and I are planning a trip to the states in 07, we were just gunna turn up at Oscars and sleep in a tent on his lawn:D but shootin things would be fun as well. hump

O.k....NOW I get it, lone boar! Thanks harley, for a minute I was thinking that we'd go all the way to Texas to hunt piggies and they were only gonna loan us one for the night (kind of like the loan program miller has for pigs...according to schmalts that is :D ).

Now it appears that we would actually get to shoot one and then bring (not mail) the bugger back home with us!

Lets get 'er done! hump

Kiwihunter, Moosie is around Boise, Idaho, this thread is about hogs in Texas. Like, I live in San Antonio, TX, its 1777 miles from Boise, Idaho. What do you mean, the area?

There's over 50 species of stuff to shoot in Texas, all year long too, but some have antlers in different parts of the year. The ones with horns have them all year.

Tom, Good Point, I think Kiwi was coming from Auzzi thinking Texas and Idaho were in the same place. Maybe post a Map for Clarity ?!?!

(Kiwi, Clubs in the mail bud !!! and You always have a Place here !!!! Let me know when You're coming and Maybe I can Accomodate better.)

Thanks Tom, I'm not so geographically challenged that I can't read a map ;) , we intend to spend about 8 weeks visiting as many people on the site as we can :) from Florida to Washington and in between, thanks Oscar had to hit a 3/4 pitching wedge to the last hole on monday because of missing that sand wedge, pulled it into the sand trap and had to pay for the beer :D ,hump.

How about this????

clip_image001.jpg

Its $90 for a 12 hour deep sea fishing trip out of Freeport, not too far from Houston, that has a major airport.

Plus, it goes out into international waters, so you don't need a fishing liscense, the boat has one that covers its passengers.

Check out the virtual tour of the boat too!! It holds like 50, that's more than we could hunt just about anywhere.

http://www.captelliotts.com/

Well I don't post much here but if everyone is planning a hog hunt I would be willing to go. I have been wanting to hunt them archery for a while and this would be a great time to do it. The first couple months of the year would be a great time. Actually anytime would be good except the fall.

How many hogs do you want? You can shoot 2 for $299 on the special summer hunt. Plus, #3 for another $100, that's $399, plus, #4 for another $100, that's $499. That's not bad. Its rare to find an all you can shoot place that's cheap and that has hogs for a big group, I think. Small groups yes, I know a place.

What have others found?

The DIY hunt for $100 per man, unlimited hogs will only accommodate about 6 hunters. It is 3,000 acres lodging included, any legal weapon, stand over feeders or spot and stalk. An overseer will meet you and familiarize you with the property and where the hogs might be found and will also be around to check in with you from time to time to make sure all is well but your pretty much on your own. They have a place to skin your hogs but no cooler facilities
so you would need coolers to put your hogs in. If interested in the 10 hunter group hunt for hogs and javelina you will have to let me knw so I can see if it is still available.

Back