Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

It’s a small world 🌎 and I ain’t talking Disney.....

Little Big Man MT Chris

Through work I meet people all the time of all different types of backgrounds but one guy was home and he’s a hunter and so we started to talk hunting and sharing elk and deer stories and pictures we kind a hunt some of the same country but didn't get general and give specifics , We end up talking archery and sharing some trail cam pics and then he was talking about the last time he hunted archery in 2018.

he shows me a couple bulls and then he’s like yeah then there was this bull on the camera and it had broken antler, And then I was about ready to say yeah my dad shot a broken antler bull a couple years ago and then before I say that I say let me look at that picture again.

And then I pull my phone out and he’s like , did you get a picture of the same bull on one of your trail cameras ? and I go yeah , well , Kinda sorta, and I pull up the picture of my dad’s 2018 bull and it’s freaking identical ! He got the picture of the bull in September and it had a broken off antler and my dad killed it two months later within a mile or so from where he had his trail camera and then he’s like what about this guy ? Is this you ? and shows me a picture of a guy walking past the trail camera and sure as crap it’s one of my best hunting buddies CAM !!! we had a pretty good freaking laughing but definitely pretty ironic ! what are the odds that I would bump into a guy that has one of my best hunting buddies on his cell phone from his trail cam and the exact same broken antlered bull my dad shot two months after he captured it on his trail camera from the 2018 season !!!
We exchange phone numbers and have sent each other different pictures of the elk and stuff is pretty pretty good moment

it’s a small world !!

The broken antler bull on his camera from sept 2018

C8106ED0-B6F0-45EC-8A49-D8E5E4CF9986.jpeg

here’s Dad with the bull 2 months later on Nov 18th 2018
254BA67B-B2D9-4812-87B5-130A4D50B639.jpeg
1F41ADBB-42B4-45DF-8257-CE3767B4C403.jpeg

my buddy Cam on his camera opening weekend 2018
8BFA09C7-9590-47F1-B509-ED8326B99AEF.jpeg

and here’s a pic I took last year of Cam as we started an evening hunt in 2019
1B7C5855-559C-4A78-BDF8-171E83A3D883.jpeg

what a cool 😎 part of my day , I’m still chuckling and pumped up i got a pic of dads bull when it was alive and kickin

Last edited:
Fun story. I don’t mind some friendly competition, and it’s always nice to meet other hunters who have a good attitude about it.

I come from a small community in a medium size town. I frequently run into people out of state with whom I have a mutual friend. The Six degrees of separation phenomenon is real.

Many, many moons ago I was on a family vacation in Colorado. Was riding the train between Silverton and Durango and spotted a pretty blonde taking pictures like I was. Getting close to the end of the trip I started chatting her up. She lived about 10 miles from me!

When we lived in Nairobi and were heading into "town" for a day of post office, shopping and throw in a lunch or supper, my mom would often rhetorically ask "I wonder who we will see today?" She didn't mean any of our friends from Kenya, she meant seeing someone we recognized from the Good Ol' USA. Often times we would see some celebrity out and about, but other times we did bump into folks from back home who were on vacation in East Africa, and we had just bumped into them like we were shopping at the local Sears/Roebuck.

When we lived in Nairobi and were heading into "town" for a day of post office, shopping and throw in a lunch or supper, my mom would often rhetorically ask "I wonder who we will see today?" She didn't mean any of our friends from Kenya, she meant seeing someone we recognized from the Good Ol' USA. Often times we would see some celebrity out and about, but other times we did bump into folks from back home who were on vacation in East Africa, and we had just bumped into them like we were shopping at the local Sears/Roebuck.
I had the same kind of things happen in Angola when I lived there... I came up on a taxi broken down on a rural bush road and found some other missionaries that worked in Mozambique who came from the same small church back home that we had.. Several years before they had dinner at our house.. They had no idea I was in Angola and they were looking to start a church plant after the government had become unfriendly to Christian missionaries in Mozambique.. The wife was in bad shape from a case of malaria and we had meds and rest for them. They eventually ended up taking over for us as we came home..

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back