Yeti GOBOX Collection

Its a mad mad world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hilljackoutlaw

When it rains it pours!!
I pull up to a job today. No way in with vehicle, the area is all gated up by a construction company building a new housing unit. I throw on my hard hat and I walk in and find 7 people standing around talking. 6 men wearing hard hats and reflective vests and 1 (very attractive) lady dressed in regular clothes who I walk past to talk to one of the guys in construction clothing. I ask if someone can unlock a gate so I can drive in. Apparently the lady wearing nothing official, no name tag, no nothing was in charge and I was supposed to ask her not just walk by her. She absolutely unloads on me about how I just assume since she is a woman she isn't in charge at a construction site. I just apologized and did my job. Has the world gone completely mad? Long story short I'm also an anti-feminist sexist. Whatever that is. Life is good! Hope yall have a better week than me.

When it rains it pours!!
I pull up to a job today. No way in with vehicle, the area is all gated up by a construction company building a new housing unit. I throw on my hard hat and I walk in and find 7 people standing around talking. 6 men wearing hard hats and reflective vests and 1 (very attractive) lady dressed in regular clothes who I walk past to talk to one of the guys in construction clothing. I ask if someone can unlock a gate so I can drive in. Apparently the lady wearing nothing official, no name tag, no nothing was in charge and I was supposed to ask her not just walk by her. She absolutely unloads on me about how I just assume since she is a woman she isn't in charge at a construction site. I just apologized and did my job. Has the world gone completely mad? Long story short I'm also an anti-feminist sexist. Whatever that is. Life is good! Hope yall have a better week than me.
Don’t forget some white dudes called you racist earlier this week as well.

I offended a person the other day using the term "manpower" when discussing estimated costs based on how many hours and people are required to do the work.

They asked me to not use the word, as it was offensive to them.

I try to be cognizant of peoples beliefs and personal opinions, but I was at a loss of words. According to Webster, there are over 3000 English words that contain "man" in them.

Last edited:
I offended a person the other day using the term "manpower" when discussing estimated costs based on how many hours and people are required to do the work.

I try to be cognizant of peoples beliefs and personal opinions, but I was at a loss of words. According to Webster, there are over 3000 English words that contain "man" in them.
People are ridiculous.

What word did you use afterwards, horsepower?

So if someone who is easily offended is called a "Snowflake"...…What do you call some one who is easily offended by people who are easily offended????
I don't think there is a name.

But that question makes me think you may have been called a snowflake before?

What word did you use afterwards, horsepower?
Switched it up to full time equivalent personnel. I was worried where the discussion could turn and I was preparing to come up for an alternate word for manhole...

I also was wanted to know if using the term "woman" would be offensive. Its a weird world we live in.

I was facilitating a workshop with about 40 people and had no idea how to respond, other than "thank you for letting us know"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back