It’s a 5-point Mule Deer, change my mind

What is a mule deer with 5 points on each side called? (A beam plus G1-G4)

• 5 point

• Big ol cranker 10-pointer

• 4 point

• 4 point with browtines

• 4 point with eye-guards

Results are only viewable after voting.
Judging by your poll I'd say they have it right.
Surprising results for sure, I grew up around some of the biggest mule deer fanatics in the west and it sure wasn’t no 4-point if it had eye-guards, been a fun a thread thanks for participating everyone

To confuse you all, I had a boss for a while that didn't really have a grasp on the English language. He also was trying to keep up with the Jones in his big game hunting and building his trophy room. He got a muley buck one time that had "eyebrows". Think he his nomenclature had a little cross-breeding.

To confuse you all, I had a boss for a while that didn't really have a grasp on the English language. He also was trying to keep up with the Jones in his big game hunting and building his trophy room. He got a muley buck one time that had "eyebrows". Think he his nomenclature had a little cross-breeding.
He was fluent in the art of compromise.

I’m curious about that too. Why wouldn’t you count them when describing a deer? The difference between a deer with or without eyeguards can be the difference between B&C and not B&C for a majority of typical mule deer. Maybe @Hopzone Freak knows?
I always heard it was because a lot of mule deer didn't have eye guards/brow tines. So it was something extra.

I’d like to see @antlerradar vote in after what I’ve heard of his antler collection, might be the end-all vote, maybe he doesn’t concern himself with the nonsensical squabbles though

I always heard it was because a lot of mule deer didn't have eye guards/brow tines. So it was something extra.
I’d guess the majority of mule deer I’ve seen that were over 2 years old had eye guards

Reactions: JDH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back