Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

It was a good weekend

Elkhunter

Well Friday we had a great day on the South Fork of the Snake Rive in idaho. On Saturday morning I picked up my horse and headed to camp and went for a nice horse back ride in the mountains. Upon my return to camp, I set up my electric fence and sorted out the camper just before Michele arrived. Shortly after her arrival, Alan arived and I gave him a hand to finishing setting up for the weekend. Once that was done we sat down, had some beers and just downright took it easy in front of a nice campfire. Jane arrived mid afternoon, the weater was cloudy but holding with no rain. We had a good dinner, more beer and lots of laughing around a roaring campfire. Next morning was a dream with the clouds on the mountains and a lovely rainbow to view while eating a hearty breakfast. Across the way we could see a herd of elk with the binos. Michele and Jane headed to the store for some items and Alan and I worked on cutting some firewood. late afternoon there was a mule deer doe grazing near my horse and didn't seem to have a care in the world. We had some fantastic marinated elk steaks for dinner and then the clouds came. Followed by lots of thunder and lightning and then rain. By the time we hit the hay, the sky had let loose with lots of rain and hail. But this morning came and it proved to be a beautiful morning indeed.

Here are some pictures from yesterday morning and this morning. Maybe we could have picked a more scenic location, but it isn't all that bad of a view to have while dining in the wilds around a campfire.

http://www.jacksonholewyoming.net/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=21&pid=119&slideshow=5000

It was all fun except when the horse got loose and took off. Chased him for several miles and lost sight of him and lost his tracks. Had to head back to camp through some nasty bear country armed with only a bucket of sweet grain. Once back at camp, called 911 who put me through to the park and they helped me locate him. Someone saw him and tied him to a fence a couple miles up the road. I think he was heading to where he used to live. I think I walked, jogged and ran close to 5 miles that day. Other than that it was really great to be up there. The rainbow was really spectacular that morning.

WOW!!!! You both got some good excercise...LOL... Worked out good any way....

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back