Caribou Gear Tarp

Is Vortex good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah and they don’t fail when you really need them. And when they don’t fail you don’t have to stop your hunt for the next 2 weeks waiting for them to send you a replacement.

Regardless of optics quality, I always take two rifles on a hunt away from home. You can very well drop your rifle with a 2000$ Leupold on a rock and be shit out of luck...

I've never had a Vortex fail me either, but I don't take any chances. The amount of time, money and effort I put on my hunts is not worth throwing it all away because I messed up and don't have a back up.

Premium optics don't make you shoot better but they give you more time in low light to do your shooting.

My Vortex scopes are more than enough even on a crappy low light days, from 30 minutes before sun up to 30 minutes after sun set... Outside of that time, I'm not looking down my scope anyway. lol

I think Vortex is just kind of middle of the road type stuff, nothing wrong with it, but it's not anything special either.
However, it seems to be the currently most advertised, most promoted brand of optics over the last few years so they have developed a bit of a following. Kind of reminds me of the hunting shows from several years ago when every TV hunter had to be carrying a Thompson Center, that stuff sold a lot of guns. Put a Vortex on a 6.5 Creedmore and you will have all the current fad bases covered.

I've shared this on here several previous times. I've got some vortex hd binos. They're been sent back almost every year I've owned them (last year being the exception). I won't ever buy them again.

So if th the 6.5CM is the manbun of calibers....its only fitting to top one with a Vortex, the manbun of optics........

I can already feel the flames.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back