Is this a big elk?

He was walking with a very slight limp. My friend spotted him the day before with 3 cows so we was still breeding. When I saw the shoulder with hide removed, I could see a star where my G5 hit. The wound was almost completely heeled. I will be able to tell you Monday if my broadhead was still in his shoulder or not. There is no doubt this elk would have been 100% in weeks. There was no sign of infection at all.

Cool, good to know that some of the ones people don't find make it and are really no worse for wear. What did this big old stud weigh? He was certainly one heck of a big bodied dude last year.

I think the score on that bull could swing quite a bit either way. Reason being defining where the top tines start off the main beams.. and whether a couple of the tines are typical or non-typical. Either way, it's probably the biggest bull ever with the most bone. If there was a water displacement test, this one would crush every elk that ever walked the earth.

I tried to be real conservative when I scored him, didn't gift him anywhere and rounded down where it was close. An official measurer added these tape and marks to it recently, to show how he measured it. I measured from about where his black line is on the beam, apparently the correct way is about where it's pink. Notice where he drew in the black lines between the palmation. MOOSE BULL!!!

Yetty

"You are the Man" have you taken any other big bulls? What is the key to your success? Is your bull going to be in any magazines? It would make a great story.

Heavyd,
greeny and yetti only shoot dinks. they wouldnt know what a real animal looked like ;)

Delw

Hmm, just saw this now. When I saw the first pics of this bull I thought there might be some question about where the 5th and 6th points come off the beam. What was decided by the scorer, regarding whether they're typical or non-typical?

Incredible bull! Congratulations!

Oak

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back