Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Is this a big elk?

I have 2 different friends that both arrowed 400+ Montana bulls 2-days apart. What are the odds of that?

Nice bull, The elk are diff to hunt this year, I have been all over and in elk everyday but nothing. I would like to see the pict. of him dead :D

The Yetti killed the bull. Told me to put a picture here. I've been to the RMEF HQ and have never seen a bull like this. They do not get any bigger.

Why can't he get over here and tell us what went down? I tried calling him out over at Bowsite.

Awesome, awesome bull. You Montana boys have sure got the whacking and stacking figured out. Is he the one who took the pictures of the bull last year? Either way congrats to the Yeti on a great bull.

That's one cool rack! My ol' man killed a bull that was palmated just like that about 15 years ago, only thing is his bull is about 80" smaller ;) Looks very similar only shrunken down.

9-25-05 at 4:15pm "The Moose" was mine. I guess you could say I had this bulls number. On the 3rd day of the season, my friend cow called him in to me after I bugled him out of the timber. I stuck him in the shoulder at 42 yards. (I think my arrow hit a fly on the way there and was deflected four or five inches to the left.) I looked and looked for him and came to the conclusion I didn't kill him. Thank God he was fine.

20 days later, I caught back up with him 5 miles from our first meeting. He answered my bugle and bugled twice more on his own, before I spotted him stepping out of the timber and heading up a draw towards a saddle. I thought I knew where he was going and as it turns out I was right. I cut him off, got set up, and waited for him to walk passed me. When I let the arrow go "The Moose" was broadside at 25 yards. Thankfully, my arrow was not deflected by any insects this time and my broadhead buried in his chest behind the shoulder. He went about 150/175 yards and tipped over. The End.

YeeeHaaaa!! Not many people get multiple chances on 400 bulls!!! Congrats!

So Green, the score you posted was off a bit from what Yetty put on the bowsite?? Different bull or was that just an f'd up score? Just curious?

The palmation makes him a little tough to score. There are some judgement calls on this bull. The score I posted was from a B&C scorer in Deer lodge. (Dennis shoemaker) He will be within 2" of 415 1/2 gross and 395 1/2 net Typical.

Congrats Yetty on a truely awesome elk and a good story to go with it. Was he showing any noticeable effects from the first arrow and did you investigate the area where the first arrow hit?

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back