Caribou Gear

Is the Triple Duece still out there?

788 here. Shoots anything you feed it, but is absolutely wicked accurate with 40 grain Vmax's and 4198. mtmuley

I have an Browning A-bolt in 222 Rem. It was the first centerfire rifle I let my kids handle as they were learning to shoot as it has very little recoil. I still take it out shooting prairie dog now and again. I mostly load a 40gr v-max.

Man I miss my old 222. I had an Ithaca that had a Sako action. Sweet rifle. I shot it prairie dog hunting so much without letting it cool down and got a heat bulge in the barrel. Had it re barreled to a .223 and eventually sold it. Should have kept it.....

Son in law and I zeroed one of schmalt's vx3's on his 22-250 700 VSS Sunday...one of the most fun calibers to shoot I've handled in quite a while..sub half" w/ hornady factory vmax...just uncanny.

MIne loves Hornady 52 gr. Match HPs. It shoots TCCI 2208 or BLC 2, or anything that burns in that range in about 1/2" kind of a ragged one hole group.

Last edited:
I have a Rem 788 that I haven't shot in years. Very fun shooting gun.
I never really loaded for it because it was deadly on ground hogs out to 250+ yards with factory Remington 50 gr SP ammo that was dirt cheap and readily available at the local hardware. Those days are gone, I guess...

Festus, you need to knock the dust of that .222, find a load and shoot the crap out of it. mtmuley

Festus, you need to knock the dust of that .222, find a load and shoot the crap out of it. mtmuley

I hear that!! After this thread, I got home and took inventory last evening. Have collected plenty of brass, that's for sure...

Got 4198, try to find some 40 gr V-max's today.

I have a 722, but it is a 222 mag. Family heirloom that has killed a lot of deer.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back