Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Is the Triple Duece still out there?

788 here. Shoots anything you feed it, but is absolutely wicked accurate with 40 grain Vmax's and 4198. mtmuley

I have an Browning A-bolt in 222 Rem. It was the first centerfire rifle I let my kids handle as they were learning to shoot as it has very little recoil. I still take it out shooting prairie dog now and again. I mostly load a 40gr v-max.

Man I miss my old 222. I had an Ithaca that had a Sako action. Sweet rifle. I shot it prairie dog hunting so much without letting it cool down and got a heat bulge in the barrel. Had it re barreled to a .223 and eventually sold it. Should have kept it.....

Son in law and I zeroed one of schmalt's vx3's on his 22-250 700 VSS Sunday...one of the most fun calibers to shoot I've handled in quite a while..sub half" w/ hornady factory vmax...just uncanny.

MIne loves Hornady 52 gr. Match HPs. It shoots TCCI 2208 or BLC 2, or anything that burns in that range in about 1/2" kind of a ragged one hole group.

Last edited:
I have a Rem 788 that I haven't shot in years. Very fun shooting gun.
I never really loaded for it because it was deadly on ground hogs out to 250+ yards with factory Remington 50 gr SP ammo that was dirt cheap and readily available at the local hardware. Those days are gone, I guess...

Festus, you need to knock the dust of that .222, find a load and shoot the crap out of it. mtmuley

Festus, you need to knock the dust of that .222, find a load and shoot the crap out of it. mtmuley

I hear that!! After this thread, I got home and took inventory last evening. Have collected plenty of brass, that's for sure...

Got 4198, try to find some 40 gr V-max's today.

I have a 722, but it is a 222 mag. Family heirloom that has killed a lot of deer.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back